Samsung SH-S22F/BEBS vs Samsung SHS223F/BEBE

Hey guys i just bought the Samsung SH-S22F/BEBS from this dodgy place online…apparently (OEM),
Now when i recieved it, the first thing i noticed was that it didnt say “SAMSUNG” on the front tray.

I contacted the supplier, and although the pic included the SAMSUNG label, the actual unit didnt, they said in the disclaimer it states that the pics are used for illustration purposes only and may slightly vary.

I was abit pissed when i did some googling and found a similar Unit with a slightly different model number, which appeared to be bit more expensive. So is this like a low end cheap-ass burner that samsung threw, or are they diff models for diff reasons?

One thing i realised about the SHS model as opposed to the SH is it looks like it actually contains the Samsung Label…

Hi,[QUOTE=mr_iceman;2278222]Hey guys i just bought the Samsung SH-S22F/BEBS[/quote]this drive name is incomplete. Should be SH-S223F. Look onto the sticker of the drive please.

Now when i recieved it, the first thing i noticed was that it didnt say “SAMSUNG” on the front tray.
This doesn’t matter at all.
I have a retail SH-S182D, which came with three bezels:

[ul][li]a beige one with Samsung and other logos[/li][li]a black one without any printing on it[/li][li]a silver one without any printing on it[/ul][/li]My SH-S203B came as bare drive with naked black bezel.

I was abit pissed when i did some googling and found a similar Unit with a slightly different model number, which appeared to be bit more expensive. So is this like a low end cheap-ass burner that samsung threw, or are they diff models for diff reasons?
The drives are all the same. This BEBS etc suffix simply denotes the packaging. You can get the bare drive (possibly without logo), or the retail version with all bells and whistles (different front plates, cable, screws, software), or something in between (like bare drive plus software).

One thing i realised about the SHS model as opposed to the SH is it looks like it actually contains the Samsung Label…
Don’t get confused by vendor’s misspelling :wink:

Michael

lol…ok sweet :slight_smile:

Yes the model is SH-S223F