Samsung SH-S223L normal results?

vbimport

I have purchased a Samsung SH-S223L, used the patch utility available here, selected all options to patch a stock SB03 FW. Updated my DVD writer.

Are these results normal?

Hi and Welcome!

there is nothing wrong with these read and write graphs :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2568723]Hi and Welcome!

there is nothing wrong with these read and write graphs :slight_smile:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hey, Thanks. That’s all I needed to know.:bigsmile:

Thanks, might risk patching mine, was a bit worried the trudirect SB03 firmware might have issues.

The 18X read tweak is clearly visible, (pic 2), only thing not seen is the 12X PCAV write

[QUOTE=Matth;2571899]Thanks, might risk patching mine, was a bit worried the trudirect SB03 firmware might have issues.

The 18X read tweak is clearly visible, (pic 2), only thing not seen is the 12X PCAV write[/QUOTE]

11.90x CAV is bad? or a tweak out of the patch utility didn’t work on my FW?

I tested it with some TDK dvd+r, I know they aren’t king of disc’s like verbatim’s. Maybe its the discs I used?

11.9X average for 16X CAV is normal, that mode does not get a speed patch.

Don’t think you tried the 12X write, which, unpatched, would be 12x CAV - start slow, continue rising to 12x at end, like the 16x. Being a plain 3/4 as fast as 16X all the way.

Patched, the 12X PCAV starts as fast as the 16X, rises to 12x and then levels off at 12X, so it loses less speed relative to 16X write, and may hold together better on media that suffers a bit of an error spike at the end if used at 16X.

If your media holds on well at 16X, then there’s no real need to drop it to 12X.

Of course, the scanning ability of this drive is questionable, and needs the tweak to remove samsung from being scan disabled.

I cannot find a test setting of PCAV any where on nero DiscSpeed 5. Is it that my Nero DiscSpeed 5, DVD burner or DVD’s are not equipped with PCAV?