Samsung SH-S223B - WIN7

vbimport

i have big problem with Samsung SH-S223B on WIN7. I install win7 and dvd mechanic worked 7 day without problem… but today win 7 shows problem code 39 and in my computer i cant view and work with mechanic…

in bios i can view mechanic but in win if i log in win shows problem with drivers - i update drivers automaticly and win show: you have already same version:doh:

next i try uprgade firmware but utility show - no drives found i reinstall win 7 in the morning but now have same problem - code 39… :confused:

can you help me please

Hi and Welcome!

see if this does help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael

Hi Michael,
I tryed it but without success. Tools fix-it don´t work in win 7 and manually too. In win update i downloaded guider for mechanic. Now mechanic displays in My computer, but still don´t work :sad:

Have you suggestion please.

Update the drivers for your Sata controller.
Also check the settings in Bios. For optical Sata drives, I prefer the “IDE” compatible setting (if available).

For troubleshooting, you might also uninstall all CD/DVD burning software including additional tools like Daemon Tools etc.

Michael

Please try the following instructions:

• Go to the device manager and remove/delete the drivers of the corrupted drive’s.
  • After deleting the drivers go to [Start Menu}—> [Run…] ([B][I]Shortkey: Windows key + R)[/I][/B]- Type regedit in the open textbox and press enter:
    Go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and delete all upper and lower filters in the rightside of the windows, by selecting them and pressing delete.

Now reboot the computer. Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers.
Please note that you may have to reinstall some programs for them to properly recognize the drive.

Hopefully this will solve the problem. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot ! ALL!

[QUOTE=mciahel;2470530]Update the drivers for your Sata controller.
Also check the settings in Bios. For optical Sata drives, I prefer the “IDE” compatible setting (if available).

For troubleshooting, you might also uninstall all CD/DVD burning software including additional tools like[B] Daemon Tools [/B]etc.

Michael[/QUOTE]

yap, uninstall that horrible piece of software and that nasty SPTD component.

causes read speeds slowdowns with some DVD drives, and huge read speed issues with BD drives.

nasty nasty software.

I stopped using Daemon Tools for the same reason too. Like nekrosoft said, SPTD is crap… :Z