Samsung SH-S203P: Scans and discussion here

vbimport

Hi!

i have dvd burner Samsung SH-S203P with firmware SB00. I will post quality scans here.

Verbatim DVD-R 16x burned at 18x ( MCC 03RG20)

Another Verbatim DVD-R 16x burned at 18x ( MCC 03RG20)

Another Verbatim DVD-R 16x burned at 18x ( MCC 03RG20)

Datawrite DVD+R DL 8x burned at 8x ( RICOHJPN D01 )

Nero cD/dvD Speed don’t permit me to start the quality test…why?

Hi,[quote=Brubaum;2043017]Nero cD/dvD Speed don’t permit me to start the quality test…why?[/quote]You have to modify the registry. Please read the FAQ (see my sig) for further information.

Michael

[I]Off topic.[/I]

[B]dpq[/B], I appreciate your new thread, but the S203"P" series is nothing more the just a newer version of S203B. (seems like Samsung engineers run out off fantasy here).

Anyway, keep them coming. :flower:

[B]dpq[/B], I appreciate your new thread, but the S203"P" series is nothing more the just a newer version of S203B.
:disagree: P=D+Lightscribe. This drive is the successor of the 203N, which is discontinued like it non-LS brother 203B.
These drives might have the same specs, but they are different.

Michael

Oouch… seems I have to many Sammy S203* drives (3 in total).
Ofcourse I also own a S203N… :bigsmile: Ouups… and ofcourse I had “N” drive in mind while [B]wrongly[/B] posting about S203B. Sorry all. :sad:

Ahhh, moderator [I]mciahel[/I], one more off topic post to deal with. :smiley:
"[B][B]N[/B][/B]", P=D+Lightscribe.

Yay, Samsung has a tricky naming scheme game going on… :-X

Verbatim DVD+R 16x burned at 18x (failed with write error at the end, Nero Express 6.6.1.15) :

Same type burned at 12x :

hi people.i have a question.why my sh-s203p recognizes all the verbatim dvd+r at 16x but my sh-s203b recognizes them 20x.firmware on sh-s203p sb01 and sh-s203b sb03.thank you in advance!is my drive broken or something?

Hi and Welcome!

203B/N and 203D/P are different drive generations (D/P are newer). Apart from minor hardware differences, there are different burn strategies and media support.

So there is nothing wrong if your 203P supports the same media at slower speeds than your older 203B.

Michael

thanks a lot.i was planning to get rid of it until now.:clap:

So if I were to purchase a drive now, would the ‘p’ version be regarded as a good purchase. I am in the market for a new drive!!!

Amarz.

I will make some tests from my today acquired 203P. It has a burst rate of 70mb/s! :bow::clap: Or even better! 75!

Philips branded Lightscribe max 16x. Burned @18x. Spoiled the fun at the end.

Somehow disappointment. I like 4x burns. CD/DVD seems to behave strangely as with 223F.

6x burn seems a lot better. Strange again.

Overspeed @12x. The end is the problem almost always.

???

Another one overspeeded @12x. Not bad at all this time.

Now we are talking… :flower::bow: