Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N: Burn process failing after firmware upgrade

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ok ,I’m sick of making coasters and really need some help. I updated my firmware to Sb03 and sucsessfully burned a DVD for my Nephew afterwards. However now I can’t seem to burn an image(ISO) or a UDF I get this error message DMA-Driver - Error, CRC Error. I’m using Nero 8 any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I think I’m going to tr rollling back the Firmware, but I’m not convinced that it’s the problem. Thanks, MIke

It seems like either a bad SATA cable or an incorrect SATA controller setup. What are your system specifications?

[QUOTE=Albert;2107414]It seems like either a bad SATA cable or an incorrect SATA controller setup. What are your system specifications?[/QUOTE]

Ok Well I’m open to anything but I’ve sucessfully burned with it many times before. I’ Running an X2 4400+? DFI Lanparty - SLI-DR 2 GB OCZ Plat DDr400 I have a Lite on Cd burner + Dvd Reader and the Samsung Sh-S203N

Which model LanParty?

Did you make any recent changes to your system?

NF4 I Actually went through the case and reseated all of my cables. I reinstalled the Latest Firmware and it seems to be working fine again.
I do have a problem with my video Card being so Obnoxiously large that it Covers two of my Sata ports I think that may have been my problem. I’m just about to build a new machine I just need to start somewhere, any Mobo recommendations appreciated, I’m currently thinking to center my new system around a Q6600. Thanks for all of the help.

hi! where did you get the sb03 from?

i think the most up to date one ist the sb02 for 203N

thanks

tullm

I had it wrong, the s03 was for the b and not the N sry

so did you flash with the wrong firmware?

tullm

No, I just transposed some numbers. I believe my trouble stemmed from a cable being seated improperly, somehow perhaps due to heat(expand/contract ect.) or somesuch.