Samsung SH-S203N Software bundle

vbimport

I bought and OEM version of the Samsung SH-S203N. Do I need the software bundle to use the features on the burner? If so how can I get it? Thanks

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

All it comes with (at least here in the UK) is a disc with a user manual, Nero Express 7, and Nero LightScribe on it.

You can use any other burning software you like, be it Nero, free stuff like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn, Roxio…LightScribe drivers and software can be downloaded from www.lightscribe.com.

So no, the disc/software bundle isn’t needed. :slight_smile:

I have the same OEM drive, and I won’t be using the software disc, as I already have what I need downloaded and installed. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I already have the burning software I need so luckily I don’t need the bundle anyway. I thought there might be some software to set up the burning properties and such like the Plextor drives used to have.

Nah, not with Samsung unfortunately. Still great drives though :slight_smile:

Glad to hear Samsung is a good burner, that is what I gathered from my research.

My Plextor 716A was a great drive while it worked. It stopped reading and burning CD’s a few months ago. Very weird because it still reads and burns DVD’s just fine. Not too happy about paying nearly twice as much for a supposedly “top” quality burner just to have it stop working 2 yrs later. Hope the Samsung will last longer. Thanks