Samsung SH-S203D review

vbimport

Hello to all ** first post **
Samsung SH-S203D review at cdrlabs.com
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=22450&PageId=0
this review confirms that sh-s203D is not hot like sh-s203B brother:doh:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard iea. :iagree: :clap:
I think you mean rview @ CDRinfo :iagree: not CDRlabs :disagree: .
So far in my experiences noe of the following drives (those after the 203B & 203N) have for whatever reason been quite as good overall.
Also the competition has got tougher.

thanks for correction zebadee
but from my readings I think samsung sh-s203x is not as good as first reviews suggest

[QUOTE=zebadee;1996251]Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard iea. :iagree: :clap:
I think you mean rview @ CDRinfo :iagree: not CDRlabs :disagree: .
So far in my experiences noe of the following drives (those after the 203B & 203N) have for whatever reason. [B][U]Not[/U][/B] been quite as good overall.
Also the competition has got tougher.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
I was intending on agreeing with you in my original post.
But missed out one important word (see above edited version).
But it is also true that the competition (from Pioneer in particular) has got tougher.
Quite often although not always mentioned. Folk doing reviews will have these other drives (+ their performances). In the back of their mind.
So the benchmarks are often revalued.
Making it look like last months in form frive to be now mediorce. :eek:

[QUOTE=iea;1996188]
this review confirms that sh-s203D is not hot like sh-s203B brother:doh:[/QUOTE]No, it does not, since they haven’t reviewed the 203B with the same methods. And you can’t compare the reviews from site A with those from site B unless they reviewed the very same drive. Even different firmware might influence the results strongly.

100% agreed
but in general I feel both drives are not so good :Z

I have both (B and D) Versions and I don’t like either of them .

I think that reviewers that praised the 203B used high quality batches of media hence the very good quality :wink:
What I don’t like :

-Almost always higher PIE/PIF and Jitter (specially with DVD+R) than my other burners including the good old Benq 1640

-High speed burning (18X/20X) always give higher errors near the edge from the same consistent spindle of discs I use which burn very well with LiteOn 20A4P

What I like :

-Ver fast disc recognition time

-Excellent CD-R writing quality with Daxon CD-R media that burn horribly with any other burner

-Fast reader