Samsung SH-S203D DVD writer cache settings

Just wondering if enabling both the read and write caching setting of the SATA controller properties for the SH-S203D burner will enhance its performance ? Any form of assistance will be appreciated. Thanks …

[QUOTE=mexuswch;1967999]Just wondering if enabling both the read and write caching setting of the SATA controller properties for the SH-S203D burner will enhance its performance ? Any form of assistance will be appreciated. Thanks …[/QUOTE]

Unless you tell us the exact model/make of the “SATA controller” any answer to your question would be kinda useless.

I’m using the nvidia nforce 430/410 SATA controller.

[QUOTE=mexuswch;1968195]I’m using the nvidia nforce 430/410 SATA controller.[/QUOTE]

Which has what chipset?

Hi,[QUOTE=mexuswch;1967999]Just wondering if enabling both the read and write caching setting of the SATA controller properties for the SH-S203D burner will enhance its performance ?[/QUOTE]No.

[QUOTE=chef;1968396]Which has what chipset?[/QUOTE]Nforce 430 or 410. :wink:
Both are basically the same (also use the same drivers), the 410 is crippled compared to the 430: http://www.nvidia.com/page/gpu_mobo_tech_specs.html

Ugh, I never liked that nForce mobo chipsets. :wink:

By the way, I just realized that both cache settings could not be enabled at the sata controller properties panel. I tried clicking on both of the checkboxes but was unable to change their state.

Hi,[QUOTE=mexuswch;1968764]By the way, I just realized that both cache settings could not be enabled at the sata controller properties panel. I tried clicking on both of the checkboxes but was unable to change their state.[/QUOTE]These settings are useless for optical drives, so they can’t be changed.

Michael