Samsung SH-S202N - firmware question

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202N / TS-H652N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]under device manager does this drive show up as TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N for you guys? what firmwares as available for this drive? i checked samsung website and i only see SB01. i just burned a data dvd-r and my samsung cannot read the disc, but my dvd-rom drive can read it fine. are the samsung drives picky about reading certain blank media?

Hi,[quote=alfun;2173621][qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202N / TS-H652N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]under device manager does this drive show up as TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N for you guys?[/quote]That’s perfectly normal.

what firmwares as available for this drive? i checked samsung website and i only see SB01.
The firmware chapter of the FAQhas a bunch of links to official firmware sources. There is also our “announcements” thread where users announce if new firmwares have been released.

i just burned a data dvd-r and my samsung cannot read the disc, but my dvd-rom drive can read it fine. are the samsung drives picky about reading certain blank media?
If you want good results, get good media. Simple that is - and that’s valid for all drives.

Michael