Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J: Drive doesn\'t recognize DVDs

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Could someone please tell me how to get my cddvdw to work, when i put a dvd in the drive it changes from dvd writer to cd writer and will not burn a dvd. I have been told that this was a windows service pack 1 problem and there is a fix for it, but El Thicko here cant fid it.

What burning software are you using, and what version of Windows do you have?

Nero 8, Alcohol 120% on windows xp pro.

What kind of error do you get when you try to burn a DVD with Nero?

It wont let me burn a dvd saying wrong format, i had this problem months ago and found this fix on windows but cant remember where, and had to reformat my pc since because of a problem and lost everything, so just trying to get up and running again.

Give this a try and see if it helps: Go into Alcohol’s Settings -> Emulation, and find an option called “Ignore Media Type” - make sure it’s not checked.

No mate, that does not work. Like i said, it’s just a small download from microsoft windows, but can i find it? can i hell.

Well, WinXP is up to a Service Pack 3, so it may be a good idea to update, if that is the case.

I had a similar problem some months ago, but cannot remember whether it was in Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express. In one of these you can identify the type of media to be burned. This then sets the media for other Nero packages. (Maybe Nero Startsmart is the culprit.) Anyway, I reset for DVD and then everything was fine.

Sorry I can’t be more specific.