SAMSUNG SH-S202J can\'t read Hewlett Packard DVD +RW media

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey friends,

My New SAMSUNG SH-S202J can’t read Hewlett Packard DVD +RW media.
No problem with other medias, any experience or insight ?

Thank you in advance!
Brad.-

Use Media Code Speed Edit to make sure that that media is included.

First of all, I don’t understand what I am talking about, just downloaded the application and the firmware my DVD writer has that is SH-S202J_SB02.bin

I loaded the firmware and looked for the HP DVDs, I didn’t find any by the name of HP, Hewlett Packard or nothing similar.

What else can I do?

Thank you.
Brad.-

Hi,

HP does not make their own media, they buy them from other manufacturers and slap their logo on the box.

At first, run either Nero CD/DVD Speed or DVDIdentifier to find out the MID of these discs.
If that MID is supported, then you should be able to find that in the firmware using MCSE.

Have you also tried DVD+RW discs from other brands or manufacturers?

Michael

Thank you a lot for helping understand this issue!
The HP DVDs are actually recognized as Phillips 041 media by DVD identifier.

But I have other media by the brand of Phillips that are also identified as Phillips 041 by DVD identifier and my Samsung SH-S202J can access them with no problem.

I am learning interesting things, I have Sony and MaxiDisc DVDs both recognized as SONY D21 media, the Benq are recognized as DAXON and the TDKs as Riteks.

Brad.-

Hi,quote=bradmoss;2160457
The HP DVDs are actually recognized as Phillips 041 media by DVD identifier.

But I have other media by the brand of Phillips that are also identified as Phillips 041 by DVD identifier and my Samsung SH-S202J can access them with no problem.[/quote]then these HP discs seem to be just a bad batch. Any chance for “return to vendor”?

Cheers,
Michael

But I use the HP RW+ DVDs with my TV DVD recorder to watch my favorite TV programs and they work fine, is a compatibility problem I guess with the PC DVD recorder.