Samsung SH-S202

vbimport

Hello everybody

I need some help I don’t know waht’s going on :doh:

I just can burn CD’s 700MB. When I try to burn a DVD 4.7GB or Samsung Pleomax 8.5GB the “super writemaster” doesn’t recognize them, just tell me that there is no enough space when I try to burn, just 700MB :a

It can read them though because if I put one DVD already burned I can see all the staff in it, but if I put a newone it’s tell me that there is 0 bytes free and the all capacity also 0 bytes :rolleyes:

I’m new and I tried to see if it was already a post about this problem and I didn’t find it. So scuse me if I didn’t see well and if anybody can send me a link or help me I will really appreciete it and thankfull! :bow:

Thank you!

Hi and Welcome!

please use a burning application like Nero or ImgBurn instead of Windows’ internal CD burning app.

And don’t expect much from the Pleomax DL media…

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2095073]Hi and Welcome!

please use a burning application like Nero or ImgBurn instead of Windows’ internal CD burning app.

And don’t expect much from the Pleomax DL media…

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thank you Michael

Well, I installed also the Nero 7 that comes with the machine(I bought it yesterday) but it doesn’t work. It maybe a problem of my computer?

When you run Nero, what error message do you get?

[QUOTE=Albert;2095075]When you run Nero, what error message do you get?[/QUOTE]

That I’m trying to write more of the capacity of the CD

Hi,[QUOTE=franziskaner;2095074]
Well, I installed also the Nero 7 that comes with the machine(I bought it yesterday) but it doesn’t work.[/quote]Please post a log as suggested by Albert. But make sure you edit out your personal data (serial#) before posting.

It maybe a problem of my computer?
Not impossible. What IDE controller are you using?

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2095080]Hi,Please post a log as suggested by Albert. But make sure you edit out your personal data (serial#) before posting. Not impossible. What IDE controller are you using?

Michael[/QUOTE]

Well I had setup the Nero in Italian so I don’t know if it would help :wink: …anyway now it’s working, I’m burning some stuff and it doing ok, but still don’t understand why when I put a new DVD, no matter the mark, it still saying me in Windows that there is 0 bytes in that DVD. I don’t understand what you mean with IDE.

[QUOTE=franziskaner;2095085]Well I had setup the Nero in Italian so I don’t know if it would help :wink: …anyway now it’s working, I’m burning some stuff and it doing ok,[/quote]Good :slight_smile:

but still don’t understand why when I put a new DVD, no matter the mark, it still saying me in Windows that there is 0 bytes in that DVD.
Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media at all. Maybe Vista is different, I don’t know.
I don’t understand what you mean with IDE.
Recent Intel motherboard chipsets don’t have an integrated P-ATA (formerly known as IDE) controller, so the mainboard manufacturers put additional controller chips on their mainboards. They like Jmicron controllers for that, but unfortunately, these often don’t well with optical drives.
That’s why I asked about the controller.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2095094]Good :slight_smile: Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media at all. Maybe Vista is different, I don’t know. Recent Intel motherboard chipsets don’t have an integrated P-ATA (formerly known as IDE) controller, so the mainboard manufacturers put additional controller chips on their mainboards. They like Jmicron controllers for that, but unfortunately, these often don’t well with optical drives.
That’s why I asked about the controller.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Well, the last part I didn’t understand a word! Don’t, I’m just no so profesional with computers at all that most of the technical words are like japanesse to me! :bigsmile:

Anyway, now it seems to works good and I’m more relax knowing that Windows can’t handle blank DVD media at all. :bigsmile:

Thank you for your good disponibiliy and help! :bow:

'till next time :wink:

franziskaner, glad you got it working. :)[QUOTE=mciahel;2095094]Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media at all. Maybe Vista is different, I don’t know.[/QUOTE]Vista supports DVDs, but it’s not all that good. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2095098]franziskaner, glad you got it working. :)Vista supports DVDs, but it’s not all that good. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

Yes now seems to be all working, thank you too Albert! :wink:

[QUOTE=franziskaner;2095079]That I’m trying to write more of the capacity of the CD[/QUOTE]

You need to select DVD as format first.