Samsung SH-S183L and quality testing

I have just got this new samsung sata burner but isn’t able to run a quality test on any discs at all i’m using nero premium 7.8.5.0 - Nero CD-DVD Speed. The problem is that i’m not able to click on the start button only under benchmark. So my windows Xp have found the drive and is able to burn discs. Does anyone have a idea what I can do to fix it?

i’ve only been a member here for about 5 days, and i’ve found at least 5 threads about this same thing.

Did you try searching at all?

This drive is incompatable with cd-dvd speed

thanks for the quick response, but I actually did, and how are these guys able to run quality test then: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208731 I got the same firmware

Not quite - quality scanning is just disabled by default, and you have to edit the registry in order to enable scanning.

They have edited the registry in order to enable scanning with CDSpeed on Samsung drives.

Editing your registry can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.

If you’re running a 32-bit Windows you need to remove the SAMSUNG and TSST words from this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]
“Blocked”=“SAMSUNG,TSST,HL-DT-ST,PLEXTOR”

Don’t remove the whole string, however.

If you have 64-bit windows, you’ll need to change this registry key instead:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]
“Blocked”=“SAMSUNG,TSST,HL-DT-ST,PLEXTOR”

I have attached two zipped registry files, one for 32 bit Windows and one for 64bit Windows. Download the right one, unzip it and run the registry file.

I haven’t tested the 64bit version as I don’t have 64bit Windows available.

Welcome to CDFreaks BTW! :slight_smile:

thank you dragemester, that was a very good answer, i’m quality testing now.

Enjoy your Samsung drive and it’s scanning capabilities! :flower:

Thank you that worked for me to. :clap:

I see it did :smiley:

thanks for the fix.I can now do the disc scanning test. The disc quality test is still greyed out though?! any help?

Thanks

You might have to reboot?

thnx…will do now

Didn’t work, it’s still greyed out :frowning: any ideas?

Did you go look to see if the registry is fixed?

yeah…the entries under blocked are: HL-DT, PLEXTOR

thats it.

Very odd. Maybe Drage has the answer.

Edit:
What model Sammy do you have?

It’s a sh-183l. another odd thing, when i open nero cd - dvd speed, “start” under the “scan disc” tab is selectable. If i click on the “disc quality” tab (where “start” is greyed out) and go back to the scan disc tab, start ends up greyed out on it too.

Are you using the latest CDSpeed v4.7.5.0 ? Which Windows version are you using? Is it a 64bit Windows?

Do you have a disc in the S183L?

What OS are you using?

Edit:
Drage is here :wink:

I’m using 4.7.0.2 and 32bit vista ultimate…can i download cdspeed seperate?

It’s in my reply quote :wink: Look here …then up^