Samsung SH-S183A - Problem with scanning

vbimport

hey- i am new to this forum -so please be patient :slight_smile:

i have question according this preview of samsung sh-s183a:
i have just bought samsung sh-s183a with firmware sb02 (this same as in this preview).And i have problem with disk quality scanning in cd-dvd speed 4.7.Simply this option is not active after inserting any disk.After instalation of kprobe,restart and during opening this prog,kprobe is hunging up. So i dont know what think about that? My cd-dvd speed is installed in separate cataloque than nero 6.6.0.15 maybe this is the problem?

Hi and welcome!

As your question is not dealing with the SH-S183A Preview, I have moved it into a new thread.

For using Nero CD/DVD Speed, it is necessary to edit the registry:
If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]. There is an entry named “Blocked”, that has to be edited in order to remove the TSST and Samsung (or Toshiba) entries. Also, it is a good idea to get the latest version of CD/DVD Speed: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=189351 It does btw not matter, where you located CD/DVD Speed.

Kprobe should work out-of-the box, if there are problems, these are often system related.

Michael

thanks a lot :slight_smile: