Samsung SH-S183A DL burning

Hi

I’m having a few problems burning some Verbatim DL 8x discs with my SH-S183A.

I’m doing a few backups of my original discs and on the first burn the layer break was messed up somehow. Disc CRC check would fail @ 50%.

I then did another burn just after and everything went fine no layer break problems.

What could be the cause of this? Bad burner or media? (Verbatim 8x Singapore) I write my discs @ 4x

Also what DL burner would be most suitable for Xbox 360 backups? or DL in general?

Thanks

Some more info…

25 pcs spindle printable

Firmware SB03 and running W7

Hi and Welcome[QUOTE=Nexer;2278639]

(…) and running W7[/QUOTE]Are there the same issues if you are using a stable operating system?

Michael

Yes same problem when I was running Vista.

I’ve had about 5 coasters out of the 25 and all have been burned in Imgburn

[QUOTE=Nexer;2279103]Yes same problem when I was running Vista.

I’ve had about 5 coasters out of the 25 and all have been burned in Imgburn[/QUOTE]Hm. No idea. :confused:
You have good media, and you are using a software that has some reputation for being reliable.
Perhaps another burner (a new burner has the same price as a 25 pcs spindle of DL blanks or is even cheaper) is an option. Or try the 2.4x Verbatim DL instead of the 8x.

Michael

I’m probably gonna try a new burner. Do you have any recommendations?

2.4x Verbatim is impossible to find where I live.

Hi,

for a new drive, I’d suggest to start a new thread in the User Reviews and Comments forum :wink:

Michael

Is SB03 the latest firmware? I have a SH-S182 in an external enclosure and mine has SB05. IIRC the 183 is just Samsung’s version of the 182 optimized for their USB enclosure.

Hi,[QUOTE=olyteddy;2280932]Is SB03 the latest firmware?[/quote]Yes.

I have a SH-S182 in an external enclosure and mine has SB05. IIRC the 183 is just Samsung’s version of the 182 optimized for their USB enclosure.
:disagree: The 183 is a Sata drive. The USB version was the 18[B]4[/B] (which was indeed a 182M in an enclosure).
Latest 182 firmwares are btw:

[ul][li]SB07 for 182D
[/li][li]SB06 for 182M
[/li][li]SB02 for 182F[/ul]
[/li]
Michael

Tnx. Too many numbers in this old brain…