Samsung SH-S182M won't write DVD-R's

vbimport

I just bought a pack of 50 ritek 8x dvd-r’s thinking they would work, as previously i had been using dvd+r’s 16x verbatims which worked perfectly. The software i use to burn dvd’s was cyberlink power2go. However, when i try to burn a dvd-r, the progress bar doesn’t even move, even if i leave it for 1 hour. And after that i tried to cancel the burn process and eject the dvd from the drive and it wouldn’t let me, so i had to restart the pc and take it out. It seems my writer will just not let me write dvd-r’s no matter what i do. Could anybody please help me as i just bought 50 dvd-r’s thinking they would work but instead i just wasted my money. :sad:

Hi and Welcome![quote=kashkash7867;2103464]I just bought a pack of 50 ritek 8x dvd-r’s [/quote]Ouch!
Please post the MID (either use the “Disc Info” tab in Nero CD/DVD Speed or DVD Identifier) I bet, it is Ritek G05.
To rule out software problems, please try ImgBurn for burning and post the logfile of this burn.

Could anybody please help me as i just bought 50 dvd-r’s thinking they would work but instead i just wasted my money. :sad:
Regardless of potential burner issues (please read the FAQ), you wasted your money anyway with these discs.

Michael

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG05]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEKG05]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I’ve tried burning a disc with ImgBurn but it’s still on writing lead-in for the past half hour, and my SH-S182M is not flashing so i guess its not writing the disc, as it still says writing Lead-in. If the discs are just crap then i’ll keep in mind not to buy them again in the future.

Hi,[quote=kashkash7867;2104073]
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG05][/quote]hehe, I was right. This media is known to become unreadable after a short time.

I’ve tried burning a disc with ImgBurn but it’s still on writing lead-in for the past half hour, and my SH-S182M is not flashing so i guess its not writing the disc, as it still says writing Lead-in.
Your drive normally should burn onto these dics, unless they are totally crap.
If you want, you might crossflash your drive to either TS-H652M KC03 or Philips SPD6002T P1.3 firmware. This will void your warranty of the drive, but these are the better firmwares at the moment for this unit. You find the firmwares in the firmware announcement thread, instructions can be found in the FAQ (see my signature).

If the discs are just crap then i’ll keep in mind not to buy them again in the future.
Good idea not to buy them:)

Michael

Thanks, but could you tell me how to cross-flash my drive because reading the FAQ really doesnt help me at all :~ Any clear instructions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,[quote=kashkash7867;2104531]Thanks, but could you tell me how to cross-flash my drive because reading the FAQ really doesnt help me at all [/quote]Well, the FAQ does not give step-by-step instructions (this is deliberately intended), but all essential information is given there: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803671-post4.html

Michael