Samsung SH-S182F

vbimport

Hello!

I try to burn my princo dvds on 8x but the burner don’t allow me to burn more then 4x? whats the problem? the discs support up to 16x burning speed. I have the latest firmware [SB02] and i use imgburn as burning program.

Thanks in advance

Hi and Welcome![quote=amanito;2022581]
I try to burn my princo dvds on 8x but the burner don’t allow me to burn more then 4x? whats the problem?[/quote]the problem is poor media. So the Samsung engineers decided not to allow higher speeds for those Princos.

the discs support up to 16x burning speed.
No. The manufacturer [I]printed [/I]something like “[I]up to[/I] 16x” on the box. That’s all.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2022681]Hi and Welcome!the problem is poor media. So the Samsung engineers decided not to allow higher speeds for those Princos. No. The manufacturer [I]printed [/I]something like “[I]up to[/I] 16x” on the box. That’s all.

Michael[/quote]

but this didn’t happend for a week ago…last week i burned at 8x and it worked well

Most likely the MID is not supported by the firmware.

I dont know if theres a way to strategy swap for Samsung burners.

Hi[quote=Womi;2022754]Most likely the MID is not supported by the firmware.[/quote]or at only 4x.

I dont know if theres a way to strategy swap for Samsung burners.
There is, but it’s not worth for such media like Princo.

Hi,[quote=amanito;2022724]but this didn’t happend for a week ago…last week i burned at 8x and it worked well[/quote]it is not impossible, that these discs are different from those you were using last week - even if they were packaged in the same box.

If you have Nero installed, then please run CD/DVD Speed (or Disc Speed), and insert one of those discs. Have a look at the “disc info” tab. Do the same with one of the discs you were burning successfully at 8x last week.

I am interested to see the output for both discs.

Michael

Here is a test i made for the princo disc now.

only 1 thing i dont understand is that why my burner cant burn more than 4x on this princo disc but my brothers pc burner can burn up to 16x…

What model of burner do your brother have?

Hi,[quote=amanito;2023036]Here is a test i made for the princo disc now.

(screenshot removed)[/quote]I would have liked to see the information of the “disc info” tab. Get the latest version of CD/DVD Speed from www.cdspeed2000.com please since the version you are using is very old.

only 1 thing i dont understand is that why my burner cant burn more than 4x on this princo disc but my brothers pc burner can burn up to 16x…
You brother might have a different drive.

What about getting known quality media like Verbatim? This should rule out drive/controller related issues. From the screenshot you posted, I have to assume your drive is connected to a 3rd party IDE controller. Please provide further information as there is something looking wrong. Also get Wininquiry from Samsung website (http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWvercheck/FWvercheck.asp) and post output please.

Michael

Hello guys

This is my brothers burner spec:

and this is Wininquiry results for my burner:

and here is the CD/DVD info and the disc info tab:

I use princo discs cuz in the first they worked very well and now i dunno what happend to them…and i dont want to throw them away just like that …

Hi,

so your brother has a totally different drive than you.
Different drives from different manufacturers may deal with the same media totally different.

Pictures look okay now, possibly a problem with your old CD Speed version.

I use princo discs cuz in the first they worked very well and now i dunno what happend to them…
This might be other media than those you had used previously, even if they are the same brand and package labelling. Perhaps the MID is different also.

and i dont want to throw them away just like that …
Well, you can still burn them at 4x.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2023117]Hi,

so your brother has a totally different drive than you.
Different drives from different manufacturers may deal with the same media totally different.

Pictures look okay now, possibly a problem with your old CD Speed version.
This might be other media than those you had used previously, even if they are the same brand and package labelling. Perhaps the MID is different also.
Well, you can still burn them at 4x.

Michael[/quote]

Hello

Yes my brother have a diffrent burner but it isn’t better then mine or?

So i can’t do anything to this slow speed? can i change the mid or something because all the princo discs that i have left i can only burn on 4x…

As [I]mciahel[/I] said… :iagree:

If your Sammy burner can burn that crap Princo media at 4x with acceptable quality, be happy with that. :wink:
Best of all would been to trash them and forget they ever existed.

General advice, never store any precious data on low quality media because those discs/burns won’t be readble with any drive after 1 - 1½ years time.

[quote=pinto2;2023375]As [I]mciahel[/I] said… :iagree:

If your Sammy burner can burn that crap Princo media at 4x with acceptable quality, be happy with that. :wink:
Best of all would been to trash them and forget they ever existed.

General advice, never store any precious data on low quality media because those discs/burns won’t be readble with any drive after 1 - 1½ years time.[/quote]

ah okey dude :wink: but i will get rid of them and burn some ps2 games…but i think verbatim is quite expensive, what else media is good and not so expensive?

[quote=pinto2;2023375]

If your Sammy burner can burn that crap Princo media at 4x with acceptable quality, [/quote]no firmware support at all for that particular MID, so they are written with generic strategy.
I wouldn’t use the term “acceptable quality” in that case;)

General advice, never store any precious data on low quality media because those discs/burns won’t be readble with any drive after 1 - 1½ years time.
:iagree:

It’s unlikely amanito will listen

Regards

In case my post helps to reiterate the suggestion for Verbatim media:

Well, there’s not really too much other media you can get that is consistently good like Verbatim [or Taiyo Yuden] that will last. I think some Sony media, and some media made by Ricoh is okay in Samsung drives. Everything else is too variable, in my opinion, or doesn’t work well with Samsung drives. TY and Verbatim are guaranteed to work, though. :iagree: