Samsung SH-S162A / TS-H652A: problem with burning dual layer DVD

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Samsung SH-S162A / TS-H652A. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]My burner appears to have a problem while burning the doble layer DVD. When it arrives to 70% it sudenly stops and gives me a fail

@ chompito,

Welcome to the Forum.

From the limited information you have provided it is difficult to provide meaningful annalist of your problem.

Suggest obtaining known proven quality error free DL Media. The only DL Media that consistently provides quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. All other DL Media is considered suspect and should be avoided (not used).

Also when using DL Media it is important to ensure that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed.

Regards,
bjkg

Well sorry about the lack of information, i wanted to change my burner because i want to use fortis dl media. I think that this situation is really strange because the burner reaches 100% and appears one message of failure, it seems to be not finaliced. Could i finalice it manually? Thanks a lot

@ chompito,

Have you ensured that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed?

Have you noted #2 posting 3rd paragraph comments? “Fotis” doesn’t actually manufacture any Media and any “Fotis” branded Media will be re-badge Media from some other manufacture which will not be top of the line quality error free Media and the use of this Media can cause less than desirable results. Your “Really Strange” “Failure Message” “Finalize Failure” problems are all typical classic problems when poor quality problematic Media is used.

As previously stated if you desire quality error free results Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media is the only DL Media that consistently provides quality error free results. All other DL Media (including “Fotis” branded Media) is considered suspect and should be avoided (not used).

Suggest visiting the XBox Scene Forum for assistance with backing up your XBox 360 games ->

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?c=149,161,137,140,166,141,145,177

Regards,
bjkg