Samsung SH-D162D Low noise RPC1 Firmware

Hi all!

This firmware is intended for use with the Samsung SH-D162D (TS-H352D) in DVD-Players like the Kiss or gaming consoles (it’s running in my original Xbox). It’s patched to run at the following speeds:

DVD-Rom: 4x
DVD±R/RW: 4x
DVD±R DL: 4x
CD-R/Rom: 8x

Other Patches:

RPC-1 by Mr.Shine

While testing I had the drive sitting on my hand and couldn’t tell if it’s spinning but the movie played so I guess it is :wink:

I have to thank Mr.Shine for releasing the RPC-1 patched firmware and ala42 for helping me patching the speeds.

As always: Use at your own risk!

Hi !

I was looking for this firmware since about 2 months (when I changed my DVD drive).

Bravo! It works perfectly ! :clap:

The Samsung SH-D162D is in my hard disk video recorder Auvion (like Sigmatek).

The player was so loud whith some DVD, and now the same DVD are read in silence !

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Hello,
unfortunately I cannot unpack the zip-File.
WinRAR 3.61, QuickZIP 3.00 and opening by Explorer produces an error message like “invalid file”.
I have downloaded the file several times.
Please help me, because I have been searching for such an slow-down-firmware for a long time now.

Thanx - agi72

[quote=Scan-C;1992475]Hi all!

This firmware is intended for use with the Samsung SH-D162D (TS-H352D) in DVD-Players like the Kiss or gaming consoles (it’s running in my original Xbox). It’s patched to run at the following speeds:

DVD-Rom: 4x
DVD±R/RW: 4x
DVD±R DL: 4x
CD-R/Rom: 8x

Other Patches:

RPC-1 by Mr.Shine

While testing I had the drive sitting on my hand and couldn’t tell if it’s spinning but the movie played so I guess it is :wink:

I have to thank Mr.Shine for releasing the RPC-1 patched firmware and ala42 for helping me patching the speeds.

As always: Use at your own risk![/quote]

Download it again, use another browser…

Thanx!!! It works!!!

work with a 163B ?

I have only tested it on a D162D. Sorry!

is it safe to download latest firmware for liteon writer model atapi dvd a dh204ap 9p59[ide] ???

I may be a bit late but this Firmware does [U]NOT[/U] work with the 163B model.
Just got a 163B and when I have the time I’ll patch the firmware. Could take a week or two 'cause my job keeps me busy :frowning: Sorry!

[QUOTE=werew;2156368]work with a 163B ?[/QUOTE]

163B low noise firmware is in this thread.

Hi everyone,

I have an Arcam DV88 DVD player, which was £900 when I brought it. It is a very good DVD player and also a very good CD player. I was very disapointed a few weeks ago when it started to have sound drop outs and picture freeze ups. The DV88 uses a DVS DSL-710A E-IDE drive. I trying to clean the laser and then even replace the laser with no change to the problem. I then came across this web site and read about this samsung SH-D162D drive and the low noise firmware. I have now replaced the DVS drive in my DV88 with this drive and installed the low noise firmware. My DV88 is now working again, only better and quieter than ever!!!

If anyone else has a DV88 with this problem try doing the same as me, it works a treat and only cost me £20 and a bit of home DIY emgineering to fit the Samsung drive to the DV88’s case. Arcam wanted to charge around £280 to replace and test the drive, a bit different to £20!!!

A BIG THANKYOU to the guys that made the firmware :cool:

Graham W.

Many thanks for this firmware. I found the thread, ordered a new drive ($20) and flashed after some difficulties creating bootable DOS USB stick. Works like a charm!

A sidenote: Creating a bootable DOS CD to run dosflash does not work, it seems that it needs to able to write. A USB stick seems to be the way.

Great job!

–alec

Glad it works for you!

About the bootable DOS disc… You can flash all Samsung drives with sfdnwin in Windows :slight_smile:

Hello! First I have do excuse me for my bad english. I have some problem and Idon´t no what I can do. I have the samsung SHD-162 D BEWE Driver and I try every firmeware but its dosn´t work.

I got the message: The firmware is not compatible with the selectet drive!

What I should do now? Please, heeeeeelp! :wink:

Thank you very much!

Are you trying to flash with sfdnwin?
What firmware version is on the drive now?
Most importantly, is the drive connected directly to the IDE connector on your motherboard?

If your drive really is a SH-D162D (quadrupel check that!) you can try using dosflash as Alec Leamas suggested. It has a “force flash” option which rewrites the firmware regardless of any errors.
Before you go this route check the drive type in device manager, read the label on the drive and try flashing the original SB02 firmware. If it flashes OK and is working you can try dosflash.

Edit:

Forgot to mention it. You can try TSDNWIN to flash the drive, it’s the new Samsung flasher. It has a nocheck option, too.

[QUOTE=grahamwagstaff;2174561]Hi everyone,

I have an Arcam DV88 DVD player, which was £900 when I brought it. It is a very good DVD player and also a very good CD player. I was very disapointed a few weeks ago when it started to have sound drop outs and picture freeze ups. The DV88 uses a DVS DSL-710A E-IDE drive. I trying to clean the laser and then even replace the laser with no change to the problem. I then came across this web site and read about this samsung SH-D162D drive and the low noise firmware. I have now replaced the DVS drive in my DV88 with this drive and installed the low noise firmware. My DV88 is now working again, only better and quieter than ever!!!

If anyone else has a DV88 with this problem try doing the same as me, it works a treat and only cost me £20 and a bit of home DIY emgineering to fit the Samsung drive to the DV88’s case. Arcam wanted to charge around £280 to replace and test the drive, a bit different to £20!!!

A BIG THANKYOU to the guys that made the firmware :cool:

Graham W.[/QUOTE]

Graham, i’ve also probably got the same problem, this time with a DV79. I’m getting the ‘no disc’ error sporadically, so it looks as if i’ll have to change the drive some time soon. Can you send me details of exactly what you had to do, to get the SH-D162D drive to fit the Arcam?

Thanks

Phil

[QUOTE=Tulip1_de;2484068]Graham, i’ve also probably got the same problem, this time with a DV79. I’m getting the ‘no disc’ error sporadically, so it looks as if i’ll have to change the drive some time soon. Can you send me details of exactly what you had to do, to get the SH-D162D drive to fit the Arcam?

Thanks

Phil[/QUOTE]

Phil,
If you find out anything, I also would like to know. I need to replace the laser on my DV78. I will continue to look into it and will let you know anything I find on this as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Where can I download this file, I cant find a link.

Do I need to write three posts so I can download?

This way a lot of crap will be written on this form

Okay I fixed my Kiss dp 558 thanks to this forum and the people that took the effort to help others.
The only strange thing that happened was that the old dvd drive was set on master and the Samsung it needed to be set on cable select while the HD still is set on slave. must because of the new firmware.

Working like a charm again, thanks guys.

Gr
Kees

[QUOTE=keesm;2638883][B]Where can I download this file, I cant find a link.[/B]

Do I need to write three posts so I can download?

This way a lot of crap will be written on this form[/QUOTE]

You really read the posts?? :confused: