Samsung SH-222BB $16 Shipped NO MIR!

vbimport

Yo-

Newegg has the very good/desired Samsung SH-222BB DVD/CD-R burner for only $16 shipped - NO Mail In Rebate reqiired - here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122911&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122911--EMC-122911-Index--CDDVDBurners-_-27151244-L016C

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2617053]
Newegg has the very good/desired Samsung SH-222BB DVD/CD-R burner for only [B]$16[/B] shipped - [B]NO[/B] Mail In Rebate reqiired - here:[/QUOTE]

Hm. I haven’t read any experience with this drive. Seems really new.
Potential buyers should be aware that these new Samsung drives (SH-222xx) can not be patched at the moment.

Michael

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2617053]the very good/desired Samsung SH-222BB…[/QUOTE]

Can you point us to thread that verifies the goodness or desirability of this drive?

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2617053]Yo-

Newegg has the very good/desired Samsung SH-222BB DVD/CD-R burner for only [B]$16[/B] shipped - [B]NO[/B] Mail In Rebate reqiired - here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122911&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122911--EMC-122911-Index--CDDVDBurners-_-27151244-L016C[/QUOTE]
Thanks bigmike7, can’t go wrong with that one for sure.

[QUOTE=negritude;2617104]Can you point us to thread that verifies the goodness or desirability of this drive?[/QUOTE]

An no reviews on Newegg too.

I grabbed one myself for a build using old parts I have laying around.

[QUOTE=UTR;2617201]I grabbed one myself for a build using old parts I have laying around.[/QUOTE]
I got one myself, if bigmike7 says its good , thats good enough for me.:bow:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2617214]I got one myself, if bigmike7 says its good , thats good enough for me.:bow:[/QUOTE]

I ordered one too - based on all the [I]other[/I] good SH-222xx models that are out-eh.

Thanks for the props Alan.

The truth is, you’re likely to find a working dvd recorder in system people throw away at the curb these days, but it’s best to catch it before it rains/snows. :eek: Though, at that price point beggars can’t be choosers (for free).

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2617438]The truth is, you’re likely to find a working dvd recorder in system people throw away at the curb these days, but it’s best to catch it before it rains/snows. :eek: Though, at that price point beggars can’t be choosers (for free).[/QUOTE]

I put items we no long need or can use in the “Too good for trash” section of our local landfill. A lot of stuff can get a second lease on life there.

Can you do disc quality scans with this Samsung? My BenQ 1640 is getting old and I’m looking for a scan capable drive to replace it.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2617587]Can you do disc quality scans with this Samsung? My BenQ 1640 is getting old and I’m looking for a scan capable drive to replace it.[/QUOTE]
:eek::eek:
You can only replace a 1640 with another 1640. This is what E-bay exists for :iagree:. Please stop with this sacrilidge :cop:.

Seriously, it appears from this that it probably can. But why go for anything else when you’ve already had the best ;).

You can only replace a 1640 with another 1640. This is what E-bay exists for :iagree:. Please stop with this sacrilidge :cop:.

Seriously, it appears from this that it probably can. But why go for anything else when you’ve already had the best ;).[/QUOTE]

The only ones I’ve seen on ebay were [I]used[/I] ones in UK for about $70+ with the shipping or I’d get another.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2617724]The only ones I’ve seen on ebay were [I]used[/I] ones in UK for about $70+ with the shipping or I’d get another.[/QUOTE]

Yo-

I scored two beautiful 1640’s offa eBay for $21 each - shipped - about a month ago.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2617769]Yo-

I scored two beautiful 1640’s offa eBay for $21 each - shipped - about a month ago.[/QUOTE]
You lucky dog :clap::clap:. Nice score!

[QUOTE=ricoman;2617724]The only ones I’ve seen on ebay were [I]used[/I] ones in UK for about $70+ with the shipping or I’d get another.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine grabbed 4 good condition Philips 8701’s off Ebay for about $45.00 recently. Negritude was kind enough to list the DW1640 rebadges that you can watch for. It should not take too long to catch one at a decent price from a reputable seller. With a little more patience, I’m sure you could grab a Benq if you prefer. I certainly prefer the time savings afforded by the single read jitter and error scan ability of the Benq. It also proved to be a bit closer to pro level CATS scanning than an MTK drive. Well, actually, it beat the pants off a iHAS X22 drive :bigsmile:.

I have two Samsung drives in the 222 series .
H662A which is supposed to be a 222A .
222L .
Both are good drives .Both have patches available.
I suspect the 222BB will eventually have patches available.
Just too new right now.
Both of mine will do scans with Nero Disc Speed but don’t read Jitter.
If you read this it verifies that these drives don’t read jitter.

The error you get when you set Nero Disc Speed to read Jitter is this:
" Error Invalid command operation code 052000 "
You just need to uncheck jitter in Advanced when scanning with one of these drives.

Still if I needed another Samsung drive I would get a 222BB .
I may look to see what I can find on ebay for a benq rebadge .
I wouldn’t mind having one.

[QUOTE=cholla;2617844]I have two Samsung drives in the 222 series .
H662A which is supposed to be a 222A .
222L .
Both are good drives .Both have patches available.
I suspect the 222BB will eventually have patches available.
Just too new right now.
[/QUOTE]You are just comparing beers and apples. :wink:
Do not get confused by Samsung’s new naming convention.
Your old (PATA!) drives were possibly SH-S222A and SH-S222L. The new stuff SH-222xx (noticed the missing letter?) is something totally different.

At the moment, it is very unlikely that there will be a newer version of the Patch Utility that supports this new generation of DVD writers.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2617861] You are just comparing beers and apples. :wink:
Do not get confused by Samsung’s new naming convention.
Your old (PATA!) drives were possibly SH-S222A and SH-S222L. The new stuff SH-222xx (noticed the missing letter?) is something totally different.
[/QUOTE]

Correct mciahel my drives are PATA or IDE . My mistake I overlooked the “extra S” .

SH-S222L Is correct for one of my drives
TS-H662A is the other drive. Searching on the internet says this drive is actually a SH-S222A . You may know different so if that is incorrect & you know you can post that.
The “Patch_Utility_Samsung.exe” from: CodeKing
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/
Worked on the TS-H662A .
Same as it did on the SH-S222L .
I’m having no problems with either.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2617861]
At the moment, it is very unlikely that there will be a newer version of the Patch Utility that supports this new generation of DVD writers. [/QUOTE]

I hadn’t checked but I will leave the answer to you. You know a lot more about Samsung than I do . I guess just wishful thinking .

:iagree: SH-S222A and SH-S222L are patcheable and many users liked these drives.

As for the new ones, I saw a statement from C0deking, which did not make me optimistic about an update of the Patch Utility.

Additionally, the new "222"s are Sata drives.

Michael