Samsung sh 202n

just purchased this drive and have noticed the min cdr writing speed is 16 x is this normal and is the 203n the same. For £14 99 inc del was a good price but the min 16x writing speed seems a pain but no problems so far at least it can read all my dvds now i had a nec 4570 which was so picky anyway just wonderd if any one else had noticed the min writing speed at 16x bazer

I suggest you try different media, som low quaity/unknown media may be limited to 16x.

i have tried different media also i mean the slowest writing speed avaliable is 16x not the fasted which is ok at 48x bazer

A sorry miss-read, yes this is quite common among new writers, but writing quality should be more than good enough to not need it.

ok thanks for your help is the 202n the same as the203n but with an ide interface rather than sata interface so far quite happy wwith drive also a good price £14 99 inc del cheap as chips bazer

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=bazer2;1969962]just purchased this drive and have noticed the min cdr writing speed is 16 x is this normal and is the 203n the same. [/QUOTE]This is normal with the 20x series. Nothing to be worried about since these drives are very good CD-writers :slight_smile:

Michael

just a recap if anyone who has sh202n finds the minimun audio cd 16x burn speed as i have tried differant media did read on afterdawn forum that the min was 8x just puzzeld by this