Samsung SH-202N IDE 20x DVD

Hello all, first post on here and wanted some advice on this burner.
Have been doing hours of research :confused: but unfortunately alot of the jargon used means nothing to me but I do know I will need IDE interface and would quite like lightscribe.
It will be used for copying DVDs and CDs and think I have decided on the Samsung SH-202N but wanted some advice and as everyone on here seems very helpful and alot more knowledgable I thought I would check first.
Thanks.

Hi and Welcome!

Samsung DVD writers are at the moment one of the best CD writers, so your choice isn’t that bad :slight_smile:

Concerning the DVD writing quality, you might have a look into the other threads dealing with the 202 series drives, including Sony 840, which is basically the same hardware.

Additionally, you might have a look into the FAQ, which also might give answers to some question.

Michael

Thanks glad to hear that samsungs are goodatleast my research hasn’t been a waste of time.
Reading the FAQ it mentions that they are not reliable with CDs is this true for the burning of CDs as although I do currently have a CD burner it is not that good as was the one which came with the system over 6 years ago and was hoping that this new drive could be an upgrade for it.

Hi,[QUOTE=Adysgrace;1920746]Thanks glad to hear that samsungs are goodatleast my research hasn’t been a waste of time.
Reading the FAQ it mentions that they are not reliable with CDs is this true for the burning of CDs[/quote]sorry for misunderstanding.
Recent Samsungs are really fine CD burners and readers.
The unreliablity the FAQ mentions is about “disc quality scanning”, some advanced feature for advanced users. Nothing to be worried about for normal users.:smiley:

Michael

Cool well thanks for your help I think I might go ahead with the samsung
:iagree: