Samsung SH-202G - Sony DVP-NS90V incompatibility

:frowning: I just installed a Samsung SH-202G and burned a video on it. I inserted the disc on my Sony DVP-NS90V player and was greeted with “C:13:70 The Disc is Dirty” screen. The disc played on the Samsung, as well as a NEC-3540A.
I re-burned the same video/disc(Verbatim DVD+RW) on my NEC, and it played normally on the Sony dvd player. I tried several other burning prgms, with the same dreaded “Disc is Dirty” result.
I fired off an email to Sony support for some suggestions, was given the old “pull the plug, and wait 30sec.” routine.
Does anyone have any suggestions or fix for this dilemma? I just bought this drive to replace a NEC3550A, which just died!

Others have had the same problem with the 203B. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/sh-s203b-problems-dvd-rw-media-230940/ Was this a new disc or one you had burned in the 3550? I had success after using the latest firmware dated Sep 14 2007 and full-erasing the disc several times.

SONY dvd players are picky units.

What speed did you burn the first disc and what disc was it (MID)?

Others have had the same problem with the 203B. [U]http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/sh-s20…-media-230940/[/U] Was this a new disc or one you had burned in the 3550? I had success after using the latest firmware dated Sep 14 2007 and full-erasing the disc several times.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

It was a new Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+RW 4X. Samsung SH-202G ships with lastest and only firmware, SB00

SONY dvd players are picky units.
What speed did you burn the first disc and what disc was it (MID)?

Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+RW(MID: MKM A02 000 (00h) was burned at 4X.

Lead-In burn time is always 0ms with the Samsung, but 25 or more millisec. with the NEC. Samsung finalizes, but is TOC empty?

My 202G is one of the worst RW burners I’ve owned. Verbatim +RW does usually come our pretty good though. Suggest you do a quality scan of the discs just to see how bad they are. By default, the 202G burns +RW with ROM booktype, maybe you should try it both ways.

:confused:

By default, the 202G burns +RW with ROM booktype, maybe you should try it both ways.

Both ways???

DVD+RW has been my prime media(non-archived videos), and my Sony DVP has given me almost two years excellent service(component out:CRT; HDMI out:HD Plasma).
Does anybody use a Sony DVP-NS90V player and know of a modern compatible DVD writer that they can reccomend? The new SONY-NEC are sub-standard!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Both ways???

DVD+RW has been my prime media(non-archived videos), and my Sony DVP has given me almost two years excellent service(component out:CRT; HDMI out:HD Plasma).
Does anybody use a Sony DVP-NS90V player and know of a modern compatible DVD writer that they can reccomend? The new SONY-NEC are sub-standard!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->[/QUOTE]

You didnt get it, your player is “sub-standard”.

:kiss: Your replies are sub standard!

I’ve corrected the problem on my sub-standard hardware!