Samsung SE-S164L ,bitsetting question

I have had this usb writer : http://www.samsung.com/au/products/opticaldiskdrive/dvd_rwdrive/se_s164l.asp for a year ,using verbatim DVD- R ,never any problems.
I just received 100 dvd,s ,only i made the mistake ordering DvD+R instead of -R.
Code is : MCC 004 ; instead of DVD- .the question : I use the dvd most for playing movies on the pc ,this should be no problem with DVD+ ?
I also use it for data backup .
My main concern is that i also burn dvd slideshows for customers to be played on pc and /or on a dvd player ,my understanding is that DVD- is a better choice for external dvd player.
Should i order a new batch DVD- or should i use the bitsetting ? does this bitsetting alter the firmware so it is permanent ,or can i switch it on and off with Nero cd speed ? i use " Copy To Dvd" from Vso for burning ,can’t find any bitsetting options.

Thanks ,Lin

Nero (but not CDspeed) can also bitset on samsung drives

IMGBurn has automatic bitsetting for samsung drives, and imho a better choice than CopytoDvd or Nero if you are giving out the discs to customers. (better compliancy)

[QUOTE=crdc;1932513]
IMGBurn has automatic bitsetting for samsung drives, [/QUOTE]Nero also :wink:

Thanks , IMGburn seems the right solution ,i’ll go with this advice.

Cheers ,Lin

[QUOTE=crdc;1932513]Nero (but not CDspeed) can also bitset on samsung drives

IMGBurn has automatic bitsetting for samsung drives, and imho a better choice than CopytoDvd or Nero if you are giving out the discs to customers. (better compliancy)[/QUOTE]