Samsung S203D is slow to recognize media

vbimport

I recently bought a Samsung SH-S203D writer
I am running XP SP2 on an Asrock K7S8XE+ mobo (link to the manual follows)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/manual.asp?Model=K7S8XE%2B&s=
The writer is recognized as SATA 1 by BIOs and I can see the DVD icon on my desktop
The pb is when I introduce an audio CD-ROM it takes 5’ to recognize that it is an audio CD-ROM. Recognition of DVD is somewhat quicker but obsiously too slow as well.
Any suggestion ?

“5’” refers to what, mins, seconds??

It was a 5 minutes delay, unfortunately :frowning: But I did some serious progress: I updated the raid driver with the latest sis raid driver package (v4.11a) from sis website and it does now recognise an audio disk file in 15 seconds (mesured from the time where I push the insert disk button till media payer is ready to play). Still a bit too long for me I think I’ll try to test a PCI SATA adapter with a reliable chipset to see if it fixes definitively the problem NB: I came across a samsung document stating that S-ATA ODD is not supported by the K7S8XE mobo. The reference follows: http://www.samsungodd.com/Lib/Popup/Download.asp?path=News&fname=200511071608101272_The%20support%20state%20of%20SH-W163A(TS-H553A)%20Mother%20Board%20S-ATA_051103.pdf It does not appear quite true though…

[QUOTE=jnilo;2038702]It was a 5 minutes delay, unfortunately :frowning: But I did some serious progress: I updated the raid driver with the latest sis raid driver package (v4.11a) from sis website and it does now recognise an audio disk file in 15 seconds (mesured from the time where I push the insert disk button till media payer is ready to play). Still a bit too long for me I think I’ll try to test a PCI SATA adapter with a reliable chipset to see if it fixes definitively the problem NB: I came across a samsung document stating that S-ATA ODD is not supported by the K7S8XE mobo. The reference follows: http://www.samsungodd.com/Lib/Popup/Download.asp?path=News&fname=200511071608101272_The%20support%20state%20of%20SH-W163A(TS-H553A)%20Mother%20Board%20S-ATA_051103.pdf It does not appear quite true though…[/QUOTE]
What language is that PDF file. Can just see dots when I open it. BTW, the name of the file suggests that it is for some other ODD Model and not for the S203D.

Is your SATA Port in RAID mode or IDE mode?

Hi,

[quote=darshanjog;2043911]What language is that PDF file.[/quote]If I remember correctly, then you have to install some Korean language pack to view the file in Acrobat reader. I am not sure if Foxit Reader is also affected (at least they also have a language pack available).

BTW, the name of the file suggests that it is for some other ODD Model and not for the S203D.
This document was published, when the first Samsung Sata burner - SH-W163A - was released. Although it is dated, it is still applicable and also valid for the newer drives.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2044008]Hi,
If I remember correctly, then you have to install some Korean language pack to view the file in Acrobat reader. I am not sure if Foxit Reader is also affected (at least they also have a language pack available).
This document was published, when the first Samsung Sata burner - SH-W163A - was released. Although it is dated, it is still applicable and also valid for the newer drives.

Michael[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. :slight_smile: