Samsung reveal their latest potential iPhone beater!

vbimport

I just posted the article Samsung reveal their latest potential iPhone beater!.

Samsung have unveiled their latest flagship Smartphone the Galaxy S III which Samsung claim builds on and extends the features offered by their previous best selling Galaxy S II. The release date for Europe has been set for 30th May with other countries to follow by the summer.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-reveal-their-latest-potential-iphone-beater-61468/](http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-reveal-their-latest-potential-iphone-beater-61468/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

what on earth does anyone need a quad core cpu in a phone for?
power saving features my ass.

The screen is larger, the cpu is more demanding, dimming the screen when someone isn’t looking is not a solution, it’s a kludge after they’ve realised it doesn’t sip power, it siphons it.

How will running additional image processing sofware in the background save power when users are staring at the screen using thed phone.

It turns ou that samsung is as rediculous as apple, moreso because samsung have made the cpu quad core, whereas apple only made the gpu quad core. How much multi-tasking do they think one person using a small screen can do?

Battery life on smartphones is already short. Quad cores, oversize screens will drive up power requirements, battery size, weight and dimensions.

People want smart phones to have usable screens, long battery life and be small and light.

This is just stupid.

Is Samsung ridiculous or is it the people that buy it that are ridiculous?

A lot from column A, a little from column B … may people don’t understand the technology they are buying, and god knows that salespeople are incredibly helpful when selling things … it’s an amazingly happy coincidence that the best devices on the market happen to correspond with the devices that earn salespeople the highest commissions …

I don’t get the push for bigger screens.

I have the S2 which I think is 4.3 inches. I already considered it borderline big (as I like to keep it in my pocket).

I guess if there’s people that want bigger phones then make them. I wish they’d still make flagship phones with reasonably sized screens.

Do they expect everyone to be walking around with a tablet in their pocket?

[QUOTE=Zod;2633167]

Do they expect everyone to be walking around with a tablet in their pocket?[/QUOTE]
Apparently.

I own the Galaxy S1 … which is just nice … from memory a fraction smaller than the iphone4 …
The Galaxy S2 was thinner again, but marginally wider, and the same height… I found that the additional width was … irritiating, whether it was just because I was used to the S1 I’m unsure.

The S3 will be wider again … it’s becoming uncomfortable to hold, and will be heavier … but I’m a tall bloke, with pretty big hands …

I don’t know who they think their target audieence is … when people with large hands already consider their previous model borderline uncomfortable …

Well that is the problem when your phone is supposed to be a mini computer…

A HTC one X beater maybe, the people who like the dinky iphone would laugh at this

My Nokia 2125i phone has no camera, has a 1" (96 x 65 pixels) screen with 65,000 colours, and I pay $8.50 a month for service. That’s how I roll.

More junk for the iTwit Generation. On the bright side, since the vast majority of the i’Twits out there walk around with their heads pointed deftly at their pads or phones blissfully ignoring the “Real” world, perhaps Natural Selection will kick in as these morons blissfully walk into the path of busses, trains or other large moving objects. We can only hope.
As for me, my Krazzor does everything a phone should do. If it ever dies, I have a couple of older phones for backup.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2633433] On the bright side, since the vast majority of the i’Twits out there walk around with their heads pointed deftly at their pads or phones blissfully ignoring the “Real” world, perhaps Natural Selection will kick in as these morons blissfully walk into the path of busses, trains or other large moving objects. We can only hope.[/QUOTE]
Amen :iagree:

When I bought my Sony Xperia Ray, I picked this phone specifically for its small 3.3" screen size. It’s roughly the same size as I recall with my Nokia 6300 (basic mobile phone). The screen has the same 800x480 resolution as many of the ~4" SmartPhones and despite having just a single core CPU, I have yet to come across anything it cannot handle smoothly, apart from the occasional flash-heavy website that some PCs would also struggle with. I’m not a games player, although I can confirm Angry Birds plays very smooth on it.

Despite wearing glasses, I have no problem with the small screen size, apart from the on-screen keyboard due to my wide fingers. A stylus easily overcomes this issue without the bulk of having a much larger screen size. I also have a strong concern that the Samsung III is going to put off a lot of people concerned about the physical phone size.

Here’s my favorite iPhone beater