Samsung R80G Premium

well, i saw that 50 CD cake in Office Depot near me

never saw that brand, i’ve already e-mailed samsung to ask about manufacturer. i hope they’ll answer. anyway, did anyone already use them?

i remember using the old 80 min samsung in the 10 CD blue box. they were ok and were made by Ritek. are they also doing that new brand?

They are Riteks
I have that same box on my desk as we speak!
You are good to go!

Originally posted by Bhairav
They are Riteks
I have that same box on my desk as we speak!
You are good to go!

OK. so i have one more question. what is going on with Ritek? i remember a few years ago everyone said Ritek are poor quality.

i’ve heard lately they have really been changing for good. so…is it safe to buy Ritek’s nowdays?

That’s right Vinyl Driver. Ritek used to be rubbish, but those days have long gone.

Ritek could be described as above average these days, not amongst the best but good enough for most of us.

Originally posted by Bilto
[B]That’s right Vinyl Driver. Ritek used to be rubbish, but those days have long gone.

Ritek could be described as above average these days, not amongst the best but good enough for most of us. [/B]

i can never remember ritek being bad. i used their 12x cyanine cdrs and upwards and they were all good.

I used to have terrible results with Ritek cyanine, probably 4X or 8X rated. Okay, it was a long time ago, but all the same Ritek were considered to be amongst the worst discs around.

Now I’d snap up Ritek discs any time I see them.

I bought these too, but they have “Made In Singapore” printed near the bar code. Did an ATIP check :

ATIP: 97m 27s 19f
Disc Manufacturer: Plasmon Data Systems, Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Are the Plasmon discs any good? I’ve only got some old Plasmon CDRW discs and they’re okay.