Samsung R528 - need help

vbimport

Hi!

Can you please help me?

I just bought a new Samsung R528 laptop (which has a TSSTcorp CD DVDW TS-L633C drive) and have tried to reinstall my Windows 7 on it with the DVD, but it just shows an error message after/or before the first step of the installation: “A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now…” I have putted in the DVD which was delivered with my Samsung notebook (System Software Media) and I have browsed all of the orders, but he can not find any usable .inf file or whatever it needs. Also on the Windows 7 DVD he can not find it. I don’t know what to do, because I can not find any file which will be OK for it and I can not install my Windows7.

Thank you for your help!:bow:

Just curious as to why you need to reinstall W7 on a NEW laptop. The device drivers for CD/DVD drives are supplied with the OS so if you can boot from the DVD and you have a valid windows 7 disk there should be no probems. Do you have access to a bootable XP or Linux disk?