Samsung Pleomax DVD-R made in China

vbimport

Samsung Pleomax DVD-R made in China,who made these discs ?
Sold very cheap 4.5euro/25discs spindle.Any opinion for daily use ?

Drive Type = DVD Super AllWrite
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 55 4D 45 30 32 00 (UME02.)
Disc TID = 00 00 00 00 00 00 (…)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = Unknown
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 16.0X (Write)

They are made by UmeDisc.

I think they’re quite ok for everyday use, but not nearly as good as the old Samsung Pleomax Discs made by Optodisc Taiwan.

[QUOTE=Womi;2137398]I think they’re quite ok for everyday use[/quote]It’s correct for the single 50-discs pack I have here. All burns in Pioneer 112D and Benq 1650 are usable despite disappointing scans. No coaster. Can’t extrapolate to the whole production on this limited basis, though… :bigsmile: - and many an older burner chokes on this UME02 MID.

@Gary Kokkin: you may find this thread interesting: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/samsung-pleomax-some-people-still-receiving-optodisc-247149/

samsung left the optodisc and gone for crap UME02 For DVD-R
and AML003 For DVD+R which is really wired
i miss the old opto’s they were really good

These are really bad - so far I’m only burning coasters on my 1693s and my external benq… :frowning: terrible stuff indeed. I got them for cheap at the supermarket and was wishing I hadn’t now…

@wolverin: if you haven’t done that already, thy burning them @8X. :slight_smile:

EDIT Mmmh, a 1693s? :eek: - I wouldn’t expect this burner to create decent burns with anything else than top-notch discs anyway. :disagree: - what’s your Benq model BTW?

[QUOTE=Wizzu;2238640]@wolverin: if you haven’t done that already, thy burning them @8X. :slight_smile:

EDIT Mmmh, a 1693s? :eek: - I wouldn’t expect this burner to create decent burns with anything else than top-notch discs anyway. :disagree: - what’s your Benq model BTW?[/QUOTE]
It’s an external 1640.
I bought myself a liteon ihap422 now…