Samsung plasma series 4 cannot record to eh57 panasonic recorderca

vbimport

can someone help have series 4 samsung plasma am using hmdi cable to panasonic recorder and cannot record manual on samsung shows hmdi in but not out and no reference to how to connect to record only playback any answers/

[QUOTE=davido1944;2591727]can someone help have series 4 samsung plasma am using hmdi cable to panasonic recorder and cannot record manual on samsung shows hmdi in but not out and no reference to how to connect to record only playback any answers/[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Welcome to the forums-

Normally one would record from the source (cable or dish receiver) then pass the signal onto the television i.e.

cable/dish receiver (out) --> recorder (in and out) --> television (in)

Preferably using the HDMI connections (if available) of all three-eh.

many thanks for reply will try as suggested sound like could work just hope it works as quality of pictures on films can sometimes be pretty poor so hope up conversion can help to inprove it when playing back from hard drive and dvd.many thanks once again these forums are a godsend!:smiley:

hi have had a look at back of recorder and there is rf in and out as in vcr so will try this for recording and use my denom 1940 if works to playback and upscale as better quality in reply to last answer i do not have a stb just rf cable out of wall.but again thanks would work if had one i think