Samsung HR737 firmware?

Hi, I’ve been having problems with my dvd-recorder and i was wondering if there was a firmware floating around. I’ve searched around but not found anything else than how to make it region free, but thats not my problem.
My problem is: The player is very slow copying cd’s can take up to 1,5 hours just copying 300-600MB, and its not working very good while playing divx from the cd, it VERY often freezes and stops the divx, then i have to start it all over again, and the fast forward isn’t working like it does when i copy the content to the hdd first. Its just plain slow. Anyone got similar problems?

Greets
eXhaLes

[QUOTE=eXhaLes;1944625]Hi, I’ve been having problems with my dvd-recorder and i was wondering if there was a firmware floating around. I’ve searched around but not found anything else than how to make it region free, but thats not my problem.
My problem is: The player is very slow copying cd’s can take up to 1,5 hours just copying 300-600MB, and its not working very good while playing divx from the cd, it VERY often freezes and stops the divx, then i have to start it all over again, and the fast forward isn’t working like it does when i copy the content to the hdd first. Its just plain slow. Anyone got similar problems?

Greets
eXhaLes[/QUOTE]

WHY should a firmware fix hat? Try a cleaner…

Because it doesn’t help with a cleaner ?

Hi eXhaLes
I too have problems with this DVD HD recoder.
I got it as a package with a 50" plasma TV from Comet ready for the World Cup in June 2006.
Over time it became fussy about which DVD-RWs it would record on, which DVD it would play and sometimes even report that the DVD can be neither payed or recorded on.
Eventually it stopped seeing any DVD’s at all. Within the year I took it back to Currys and they sent it off for repair under warrenty.

When it came back it was great again - it would read and write to all the discs I tried.
In June 2007 my warrenty ran out.
In November 2007 the reading and writing problems started to re-appear. In December 2007 I recieved an offer from Currys to extend the warrenty. I figure that a repair would cost about as much as last time (£120) so I have taken out the extended warrenty for £65 (- 10% discount for Direct debit).
After Christmas I intend to claim on the policy and have it repaired again.

This DVD HD recorder seems to have a weakness with the laser unit. Apart from that ( and the awkwardness of the remote controls) it’s a good product.

Seems like yours is suffering from a poor laser as well.

You could always try samsung.com and try to find a local repair center if you are out of warrenty.

All the best with getting it sorted.

Kintara :sunglasses:

[QUOTE=eXhaLes;1944729]Because it doesn’t help with a cleaner ?[/QUOTE]

And why couldnt you mention that already in your first post? :confused::confused: