Samsung have updated firmwares

If you happen to have a Samsung CD/DVD-Rom or a samsung CD-writer, then go here and check if there is new firmware avalible for your drive
http://www.samsung-odd.com/eng/LiveUpdate/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp

Pity they at Samsung and LG still use some Korean in their English pages. The four letters in “??? R400.bin ( 1,048,576 byte ) Sfdnwin.exe ( 601,600 byte )” means attached file.

There are three updated files on the Samsung ODD firmware download page.

SM-316B/EXP T306 Global
SN-324B/EXP U100 Global
SW-240B/COM R501 Global

Yeah, what’s up with the domain “samsung-odd”? Isn’t that an odd name for a domain? :bigsmile:

My Samsung ODD LiveUpdate program doesn’t work with either TS-H552B or TS-H542A in the current configuration. Maybe I have to disable most other ODD drives connected to this PC. I tried to send an email to Samsung Electronics but the email on their part doesn’t work right now.

I think that the LiveUpdate program just isn’t ready for those drives yet. Your drive is a retail Samsung model?

is it possible to upgrade and downgrade between TSxx firmwares for TS-H292A cd burner?? the drive is with TS00 firmware presently and think to upgrade it to TS04 with sfdnwin but if I won’t be satisfied with it, I want to try TS03, 02 or 01 firmwares. is it still safe to flash the drive with sfdnwin or should I use MTK Flash tool??