Samsung H652D problem

Dear All,

I face a problem with my samsung drive. besides this drive i have a combo liteon drive (5236v). Sometimes when my system copies or reads any information from the drive i face a crackle (intermittent) video and sound in winamp or any other player running in the background plus xp performance slows down resembling slide show. As soon as i stop copying/reading information from the drive, sound and video normalizes. Any glues how to fix it? :bow:
any advice is welcomed.

Regards,
Merdan

What Brand and Model Computer? What Peripherals are attached to the computer? Have you recently installed any new hardware? Such as, new optical drives? What were you doing at the moment the problem first appeared?

Check your DMA settings.

My dear friend,

It’s Core2Duo E6300, 1Gb RAM, DG965RY mobo, 160Gb HDD, Liteon 5236v and bloody Samsung dvd burner. The problem occures time to time - not always. What should i do?

Regards,
Merdan

[QUOTE=ala42;1928653]Check your DMA settings.[/QUOTE]

My dma settings is OK - all three primary IDE channels are set to DMA if available. one more think my friend - i just noticed that my dvd is displayed like CD Drive and not like DVD-rw that was before. Can this affect somehow?

Ciao
Merdan

[QUOTE=Merdan;1928938]My dma settings is OK - all three primary IDE channels are set to DMA if available.[/QUOTE]
And what is the current transfer mode you see on the same page ?

one more think my friend - i just noticed that my dvd is displayed like CD Drive and not like DVD-rw that was before. Can this affect somehow?

No, that is just a windows explorer feature to confuse the users.