Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge users complain en masse about a vertical pink line on their display

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge users complain en masse about a vertical pink line on their display[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2017/01/myce-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-pink-line-display-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge owners complain en masse on online forums and social media about a vertical pink line on their display. They all state to not have dropped the phone, neither they had it in contact with liquids and the phone also doesn’t have any other physical damage. Samsung doesn’t recognize it’s a widespread problem, while the many complaints indicate it is.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-galaxy-7-edge-users-complain-en-masse-vertical-pink-line-display-81298/](http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-galaxy-7-edge-users-complain-en-masse-vertical-pink-line-display-81298/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Seems like the best fix for that is a new phone. Most people buy their phone from the cell carrier, who has an interest in keeping them happy. A good deal on a different phone should be easy to come by.

The last thing Samsung needs right now is a major problem with yet another phone. They admitted to a 5 billion dollar loss on the Galaxy Note 7, and most outside estimates put that figure over 10, maybe reaching 17 billion in total lost sales. If they have to do a recall on the S7 Edge, it will hit them at a time when the company is most vulnerable.

There is no wonder they are downplaying the significance of this problem.

Seems that an old problem with Samsung Displays is coming back to haunt them.
This was one of the reasons that Sony and Samsung parted company on joint production of TV panels.
The Samsung made panels were notorious for just this problem and interestingly in the same place on the screen.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2787405]Seems that an old problem with Samsung Displays is coming back to haunt them.
This was one of the reasons that Sony and Samsung parted company on joint production of TV panels.
The Samsung made panels were notorious for just this problem and interestingly in the same place on the screen.[/QUOTE]

I intend to search for more information about this [just because I am curious]. Do you have a good starting point? I get the feeling that the official PR documents won’t list that as the cause of the split.

“I intend to search for more information about this [just because I am curious]. Do you have a good starting point? I get the feeling that the official PR documents won’t list that as the cause of the split.”

Nothing “official” just a hundred or so scrapped Samsung and Sony TV’s, all with panel failure and all having Samsung panels in them.

I love Samsungs other products, their SSDS and their monitors, and just about everything else they make. I even bought a Samsung washer and dryer and a Samsung TV after the flood hit my home and ruined just about everything I owned.

Samsung normally produce very high quality products. It’s just unusual to see such high profile failures in rapid succession.

I hope they deal with this appropriately and manage to restore confidence.

[B]Wombler[/B]