Samsung firmware sh-d162c incorrect

hi, i have bought 3 samsung dvd drives model number SH-D162C

i wanted to check to see if it had the latest firmware using wininquiry

it list my version as RD00 and OEM code as RD

i tried to flash it with sfdwin using samsungs ts04 and ts05 firmware but got error message:
this firmware is not compatible with this selected drive.

looking at firmware on the samsung site shouldnt it be firmware TS followed by version number and not firmware starting with RD

on the top of the dvd drive case it states F/w = TS05

is there a way to get the samsung F/W on the drive using alternative software

please can you help, many thanks

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=5th gear;1947160]hi, i have bought 3 samsung dvd drives model number SH-D162C
i wanted to check to see if it had the latest firmware using wininquiry
it list my version as RD00 and OEM code as RD[/quote]These are OEM drives intended to be sold on a certain market or for being used in computers from a certain manufacturer.

looking at firmware on the samsung site shouldnt it be firmware TS followed by version number and not firmware starting with RD
on the top of the dvd drive case it states F/w = TS05
I suspect, these drives are not brand new. With new drives, installed firmware and the version on the sticker will fit. I’d complain to the vendor.

is there a way to get the samsung F/W on the drive using alternative software
There is a method to force the flash of a certain firmware. Of course voiding any warranty, and there is always the risk of killing the drive. You might have a look into the Samsung FAQ mentioned in my signature.

Michael

thank you for your reply, i thought it may have something to do with what you mentioned
will return to vendor and try another supplier

bit the bullet and went for the sfdnwin -nocheck method

changed it to original ts04 and now flashed ok

many thanks

:clap::clap::clap::clap::iagree::iagree::clap::clap::clap::clap: