Samsung Firmware Query

vbimport

Hi, Newbie here:

Is it ok to go from SB01 to SB04 for Sh-S223L? Also, does it matter that my OEM shows up as 0 instead of SB? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi CV18 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I’ve moved that post into it’s own thread for you as it’s more likely to be picked up on here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=CV18;2668150]
Is it ok to go from SB01 to SB04 for Sh-S223L? Also, does it matter that my OEM shows up as 0 instead of SB? Thanks in advance for your help![/QUOTE]

Yes, I don’t see why not.

If your OEM code is different, the official SB04 firmware utility might refuse to flash your drive. If that happens, you can do a forced flash using the -nocheck method.

First extract the SH-S223L_SB04.bin and the Tsdnwin.exe file from the SH-S223L_SB04.exe flasher using winrar or similar.

Open a command prompt, change the directory to the folder which contains the two extracted files, and then run the Tsdnwin.exe with the -nocheck parameter:

Tsdnwin.exe -nocheck

The Tsdnwin.exe will start in the NOCHECK mode (see the attached picture, and make sure yours also displays the NOCHECK).

Select your SH-S223L drive in the drive list, by ticking the box against it, and then click on the Search button and select the SH-S223L_SB04.bin file. Finally, if all the details in the Download box are correct, then click on the Download button to flash your drive.