Samsung EVO 750Gbs 419.00

vbimport

Move box to 750 from 1TB.

As of Jan 5 2014, this is the price of the New Samsung 840 EVO 750Gigabyte SSD.

That’s a good price, but US$419 for 750GB is still less than 2GB per dollar. It seems this industry seriously needs more competion plus a nice technological breakthrough. By competition, I don’t mean the addition of a company such as OCZ. Toshiba needs to invest a lot more. Long-time industry leaders including Intel and AMD should be able to plan ahead and prepare for storage-intensive future markets. Micron has both technologies and experiences, but it’s less aggressive than some Asian firms. Apple has adequate leadership, but focuses too much on profits based on name value.

At the moment, I am thinking of ordering a Crucial 240GB SSD. The price is about US$160 including 10% VAT and domestic surface shipping. Why Crucial instead of Samsung when I’m a South Korean living in South Korea? Crucial’s products are based on MLC, or 2-level cell, NAND chips, whereas Samsung’s cheapest ones (841 and 840 EVO) are based on TLC, or 3-level cell, NAND chips, but the latter costs at least 10% more than the former here.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2715634]That’s a good price, but US$419 for 750GB is still less than 2GB per dollar. It seems this industry seriously needs more competion plus a nice technological breakthrough. By competition, I don’t mean the addition of a company such as OCZ. Toshiba needs to invest a lot more. Long-time industry leaders including Intel and AMD should be able to plan ahead and prepare for storage-intensive future markets. Micron has both technologies and experiences, but it’s less aggressive than some Asian firms. Apple has adequate leadership, but focuses too much on profits based on name value.

At the moment, I am thinking of ordering a Crucial 240GB SSD. The price is about US$160 including 10% VAT and domestic surface shipping. Why Crucial instead of Samsung when I’m a South Korean living in South Korea? Crucial’s products are based on MLC, or 2-level cell, NAND chips, whereas Samsung’s cheapest ones (841 and 840 EVO) are based on TLC, or 3-level cell, NAND chips, but the latter costs at least 10% more than the former here.[/QUOTE] Kenny its way less than 2gb per dollar, its almost .65 cents a gb. If it were 1gb per dollar it would cost 750USD, at 419.00, its about .65 of that.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2715664]Kenny its way less than 2gb per dollar, its almost .65 cents a gb. If it were 1gb per dollar it would cost 750USD, at 419.00, its about .65 of that.[/QUOTE]

Closer to 0.56 dollar per GB, or about 1.8 GB per dollar.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2715699]Closer to 0.56 dollar per GB, or about 1.8 GB per dollar.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, you had me mixed up there for a minute, which isn’t hard to do, I am old, I get mixed up all the time, :wink:

now $400 USD

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2715816]now $400 USD

.55 cent a GB, that’s cheap for this EVO 750GB. Thanks James.:bow: