Samsung DVD-VR357

vbimport

Bought 1 year ago, just took out of box. Want to copy old home VCR movies. Not smart enough to understand manual, when copy is complete can’t view on other DVD players. Any help would be appreciated. JulieG

Finalize the DVD??? I do not have this Sammy, but I have a Panny and when pressing ‘open’ the Panny comes up with a message ‘press record to finalize, press open to open without finalizing’

[B]Hi. I have the same VR357 and have successfully copied VCRs to DVDs. [/B]

[B]When the copy is complete and the DVD screen on the unit displays “Stop”, press the “Menu” button on your remote, use the up/down arrow buttons (around the “Enter” button) on the remote to select “Disc Manager” on the TV screen, press “Enter” on the remote, use the up/down arrow buttons on the remote to select “Disc Finalize” on the TV screen, press “Enter” on the remote, you’ll be asked “Do you wnt to finalize disc” then, using the up/down arrow buttons on the remote, select “Yes” and press “Enter” on the remote. Your disc should now be finalized and able to be played on different DVD players. This was true as of October 2008. [/B]

[B]I must note, however, that this player/recorder recently has not been playing or even recognizing any of the DVDs I’ve made with DVDFab 5 or DVD Cloner VI. When I put one of those in, it just “loads” for more than a minute and then asks if I want to initialize the disc. It still plays originals but makes a noticeble whirring noise while doing so. Go figure![/B]