Samsung dvd s223c problem!

hi there , i just bought samsung dvd s223c after installation of the drive and turn ON the pc it freezes or sometimes it can fully load up the windows xp and when i click or right click the DVD drive on my computer it hangs up.

amd x2 4600
nf7g full hd (asrock)
Team extreem dark 2gb
i have 2 data cable for SATA (still the problem occurs)
SATA 320gb hdd

[mail address removed]

thanks in advance

Have you tried in ahci or ide mode ? Different sata port ? What is your power supply ?
Maybe it helps… What was your previous drive ?

Or maybe your 223C is defective, in this case, don’t buy an other 223C, get a refund and buy an Optiarc AD-7240S for exemple :smiley:

before i have an ide lg h22n (i forgot the model) for almost 2 years of using and it last. i tried it to other sata port , same problem , actually now i’m using the samsung s223c with usb adapter (sata to usb ) same powersupply and it works fine , it can read different dvd’s and CD’s working fine. i don’t know how to enable ahci (just basic installation of xp) i have 450 watts powersupply.

Have you tried in ahci or ide mode ? Different sata port ? What is your power supply ?
Maybe it helps… What was your previous drive ?

Or maybe your 223C is defective, in this case, don’t buy an other 223C, get a refund and buy an Optiarc AD-7240S for exemple :smiley:

Since your 223C works via adapter then it could be one of four things:

Faulty SATA controller
Faulty SATA cable
Bad power supply
Some obscure driver conflict.

Have you had any blue screens? If yes please let us know of the error messages you get. It could be a driver conflict, but isolating the problem and identifying its causes can be pretty hard.

Have a look in Device Manager and see if there are any exclamation marks or question marks next to your SATA controller entries, this could indicate a hardware problem or a missing driver. If all is good in Device Manager, then try using brand-new, qood quality SATA cables. Also connect a different SATA DVD or hard disk on your SATA ports to see how they behave with other devices.

450Watt PSU is OK but not ideal. If you have more than one hard disk and DVD drive drawing power from the system, and a new-ish graphics card, then I’d recommend for you to have a minimum of 600W. Also the brand can make a big difference in quality, not all PSUs are created equal. I have a 600W Seasonic on an overloaded rig with 5 hard disks, 3 DVD drives and two power-hungry nVidias, and it performs very well.

A quality (!) 350 W class PSU should be good enough for that rig above.
Most generic 600W PSUs are worse.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2497266]A quality (!) 350 W class PSU should be good enough for that rig above.
Most generic 600W PSUs are worse.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Seasonic is one of the best brands to my limited experience. Also Tagan and Thermaltake. Yes, a good brand 350 should be sufficient for normal (not overloaded) desktops, but on any overloaded rig like mine I wouldn’t use anything less that a 600 nowadays. You can never have too much power… :bigsmile:

i did not experience blue screen on fresh install for this hardware set-up , in device manager all the drivers are fine… no red or yellow colors appear. and for the sata data cable i tried it 3 different cables i also swap my sata data hdd cable still same problem it hangs up… but i never tried to change my powersupply. maybe later , i’ll just update the results… thank you very much …

anybody experienced this ?