Samsung develops Aim-Bot for Korean border

URL: http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/samsung_develops_machine_gun_sentry_robot_costs_200k.php

Samsung has partnered with Korea university and developed the machine-gun equipped robotic sentry. It is equipped with two cameras with zooming capabilities one for day time and one for infrared night vision. It has a sophisticated pattern recognition which can detect the difference between humans and trees, and a 5.5mm machine-gun. The robot also has a speaker to warn the intruder to surrender or get a perfect headshot. The robots will go on sale by 2007 for $ 200,000 and will be deployed on the border between North and South Korea.

Make sure to click the URL since there’s even a promotional video of the damn thing!

cool, just need to save up for having one in my back garden :bigsmile:

It has a sophisticated pattern recognition which can detect the difference between humans and trees…
Yes but these guys would get through.

Oh Samsung oh samsung. The video. So asian. But then it gets all pirate. I wonder if Samsung paid their royalties for using Klaus Badelts Skull and Crossbone from Pirates of the Caribbean… I think not. Quickly, phone RIAA.

Anyhow I have two objections with this thing.

1. Judging by the video, I assume the sight is the yellow dot, it’s aim is crappy
  2. It looks like it’s made of plastic. Or really thin steel. It doesnt look sturdy to me. I want my military hardware tough.

yeah very true