Samsung countersues Apple over iPad, iPhone

vbimport

Samsung countersues Apple over iPad, iPhone.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/04/GZDTNZ.jpg[/newsimage]Apple's recent lawsuit against Korea-based Samsung Electronics Ltd. and its American subsidiaries states that the company infringed on patents pertaining to the former's successful iPhone and iPad devices, framing the alleged mimicry as "slavish." Samsung has now copied Apple's initial legal coup by launching a countersuit, accusing the manufacturer of - you guessed it - patent infringement.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-countersues-apple-over-ipad-iphone-43613/](http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-countersues-apple-over-ipad-iphone-43613/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

you go Samsung!

ROTFLMAO.

I for one hope Apple gets it’s ass handed to it on a plate …
Samsung makes smaller, lighter and overall better stuff than apple.

My impression was that both companies were rather friendly and cooperating with each other. Oh well, money makes the world go round…

These patent lawsuits are out of hand, although I do concede that it does appear that many manufacturers have tried to emulate the Apple iPhone & iPad designs, so maybe there is some validity to Apple’s lawsuit against Samsung. I haven’t used/inspected Samsung’s smartphones & tablets in detail, so I can’t really comment on the similarities (or lack thereof).

I suspect that both of the companies lawyers are most likely meeting each other in the bar discussing the next holiday mansions they will be buying…

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2585679]These patent lawsuits are out of hand, although I do concede that it does appear that many manufacturers have tried to emulate the Apple iPhone & iPad designs, so maybe there is some validity to Apple’s lawsuit against Samsung. I haven’t used/inspected Samsung’s smartphones & tablets in detail, so I can’t really comment on the similarities (or lack thereof).[/QUOTE]
Very … but no more similar than any of the other smart phones.

A beautiful screen, a home button at the bottom & volume at the top left, which is pretty intuitive regardless.

[QUOTE=paulw2;2585719]I suspect that both of the companies lawyers are most likely meeting each other in the bar discussing the next holiday mansions they will be buying…[/QUOTE] :iagree:

Methinks this doesn’t stem so much from patent infringement as much as Samsung being the most successful smartphone provider, after Apple, encroaching into the iphone market. Other manufacturers are well behind Samsung for hardware.

The screen visibility, in bright daylight, of the Samsung Galaxy S is much better than the iphone 4 which came out just less than 9 months AFTER the samsung Galaxy S & its’ US variants. In addition, it’s physically smaller, lighter & the battery life is better/comparable, has replaceable batteries, upgradeable internal memory & has a great online hacking community devoted to getting the most/best out of it.
The new Galaxy S2 promises even better screen visibility, at higher efficiency, albeit lower resolution than the iphone 4, and comes with double the ram, and dual core CPU, better GPU, slightly larger screen (a necessity due to the new technology decreasing density).

Besides the basic hardware in the Galaxy S2 is strides beyond the iphone4, and the introduction of the Android 2.3 (Honeycomb) which rivals iOS4 in response & speed, makes the Samsung Galaxy 2 an iphone4 beater.

It’s become the case in the US that companies no longer compete on products, but in the court-room, and Apple is just playing the game.

It strikes me that US business practice is becoming abhorrent to the US population, not to mention the rest of the world, and the continued practice suggests decadence of US business, as they attempt to stifle competitors innovation. This business practice can only stifle innovation, and of course, prevent improved products entering the US market. At the same time, the rest of the world doesn’t respect the US courts, and will continue to purchase the superior products.

Apple will soon be the new GM :wink: