Samsung Combo...is this writer supported? Reading problems

vbimport

I have a combo dvd/cd-r drive. Just wondering if it works with clone cd. Its a Samsung CDRW/DVD SN-308B

I’ve tested the LG & Toshiba combos which both work very well. If the Samsung is MMC compliant, which it should be, then it will work, say, I’m 99% certain.

I’ve also run three DVD Writers through CloneCD which also work BUT usual brand problems such as the Pioneer sucking at subs and RAW-DAO. The AOpen DVD Writer can back up <SD2.4 without AWS…one dot/sheep! Haven’t tested 2.4 or 2.5 yet.

Here’s the stats on my writer.

Manufacturer: SAMSUNG
Product: CDRW/DVD SN-308B
Revision: U005
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

The problem is I’m having very slow reading speeds. Starts out at 190k then drops to 20k. From the data above i guess the burner is compatible with CloneCd. I have reading speed at max.
The burner is a combo drive and is in a laptop, could that be the problem? After 10 minutes tho it does say 1% percent has been read so i guess it does work. I checked the file to where im reading to and the ccd file is complete because its only 2 kb but the sub and .img are still 0kb. I have yet to update to the newest version i will do that soon. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If the burner does work and is compatible, notch it up on the compatible list, because its not there. And also could this burner handle safedisk for Medal of Honor.

The LG combo is PIO Mode only. Is the Samsung a busmastering UDMA33 device or PIO? It will slow the whole system

But PIO won’t slow the system so badly.

Maybe the Samsung is very slow at skipping bad sectors. Try FES set to 0 retries.

I succesfully copied Jedi Knight 2 on to a cd-rw. But when I poped in MOHAA problems begin. I followed the instructions for safedisk 2 but wont work. I’ll try the profiles from this forum, to see if the read will work.