Samsung CD R/RW SW-232B

vbimport

Hi
My Samsung CD R/RW no longer works, it does not show up in My Computer but device manager shows it with the yellow exclamation mark, The Device status from the property sheet says “this device cannot start. (Code 10)”
System is PII 233Mhz, 512RAM, Win2KPro SP4 (fully patched), 2 HD’s(Master & Slave) on primary IDE and CD(Master) on Secondary IDE.

This is what I have done so far.
-Uninstall device/drivers and reinstall
-Uninstall secondary IDE and reinstall
-Changed IDE Cable to the CD
-Unplugged Slave HD and set CD to Slave and plugged it in (Primary IDE)
-Installed another CD RW and tested both configurations (Primary & Secondary IDE)

The computer always finds the device and installs it but the result is always the same no cdrw in my computer and yellow exclamation mark in device manger with “this device cannot start. (Code 10)”
Both the CDRW’s work on my P4 XP Pro machine!!! and the Samsung did work before I upgraded to Win2000Pro from NT4.0.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Gavin Molloy aka rasp

rasp, welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

Make sure the drive is detected properly by the BIOS and that DMA is enabled in the BIOS.

Moved to the Samsung Forum

i got the same problem :sad:
anyone know a solution? i cant install any games or programs or anything cause the eclamation point and it doesnt show in my computer or anywhere

please realize i dont know much about computers so dont talk weird and stuff
thanks

hello?anybody home?

[quote=rasp;1102897]Hi
My Samsung CD R/RW no longer works, it does not show up in My Computer but device manager shows it with the yellow exclamation mark, The Device status from the property sheet says "this device cannot start. (Code 10)"
System is PII 233Mhz, 512RAM, Win2KPro SP4 (fully patched), 2 HD’s(Master & Slave) on primary IDE and CD(Master) on Secondary IDE.

This is what I have done so far.
-Uninstall device/drivers and reinstall
-Uninstall secondary IDE and reinstall
-Changed IDE Cable to the CD
-Unplugged Slave HD and set CD to Slave and plugged it in (Primary IDE)
-Installed another CD RW and tested both configurations (Primary & Secondary IDE)

The computer always finds the device and installs it but the result is always the same no cdrw in my computer and yellow exclamation mark in device manger with "this device cannot start. (Code 10)"
Both the CDRW’s work on my P4 XP Pro machine!!! and the Samsung did work before I upgraded to Win2000Pro from NT4.0.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Gavin Molloy aka rasp[/quote]

Gavin

I have the exact same problem and symptoms. Did you find a fix?
Thanks for any help.
Dick

Hey Dick,

what do you think will be the odds that someone who made one single post more than 2 years ago will reply to your question? :rolleyes: