Samsung CD burner problems

vbimport

Hi all,

I have a SamSung SW216B burner and I’m having a problem with it see a disk in the drive. I can eject the disk through the control panel and XP sees it, but it’s not seeing any media that I put into it. I’ve updated the internal flash to the latest Rev. and it still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Thanks all

I can eject the disk through the control panel and XP sees it

Could you be a bit more specific?

Is the problem with all discs, such as pressed discs, or are you talking about the normal error you get when you try to read a blank cd-r? When you say XP sees it, what do you mean?

What I mean by XP sees it, is that in the My Computer panel when you look at the drives you see the RW drive, look at the properties and XP identifies the drive and it drive type. I can right click and hit the eject button and the drive will open. It does this with all media, CD-R,RW,music CD’s, and program CD’s. It will spin up like it’s reading the media and show that there is nothing in that drive in the control panel. Hope this helps.
Thanks

try different media
:rolleyes:

By media what do you mean? I’ve tried music, cdr,cd r/w, programs, Maxcell and some other type of CDR. It doesn’t see it.

im having the same problem. windows xp will reconize it and knows its there. but when you put any cd in there. nothing will come up. for instance, if you open up my computer, then open up the drive so you can see the contents in there. its shows nothing. its blank. it wont autoplay either. ive upgraded the firmware and everything. no luck.

well too both of you

this is easy way to find out if software on pc is causing the problem …take out the drive and put it in another machine … and if it works fine then you know it is something software wise on your all pc …

I have seen this happen if you have clonecd on your machine and have hide atip checked …anydvd running … alcohol hide atip media going …under emulation …

but that is what I would do … I am a technician myself I would take the easy route …and taking out and putting in different machine would be the easiest .//

and you all did update firmware I think but not sure if both …

cheers

keep us informed …if you need anything else look at signature

hmm… weird. i just put into my other computer and it read it fine. so it is working. now, i put it back into my computer and now its working again. i dont know what the deal was. but its all good now. thanks for the help.

your welcome … might have been loose cable who knows but now it is working

yes i take the simple route before I really try to find the problem cause it is lilttle things we overlook

i thought of sticking it into another computer. but i really didnt feel like unscrewing it all and all that crap. but i guess i had to.

hehhehe i just like solving problems that is why I am network engineer and wrok with hardware and software and build pc …it is all a challenge

cause some pc’s out there have some weird problems …

bad karma pc’s lol

or what an old tech told me

PC’s run on FM = f*king magic lol

but congrats it is going now

well ive been working with computers since i was in 1st grade. and now im 23. and i also build and fix computers and shit like that. i also do a little webpaging. i have a little computer deal i do on the side. either im being lazy or my brain stopped functioning today. ive been looking into the network engineer job. been thinking about it for quite a while.

network engineer is great …but less and less are need these days …best profession in my opinion and i been out there with major compies …humana and lg and E if you live in the states …if I was to do over I would have went more towards programming …but good luck towards network engineer …it is fun job … you get ot mess with everything …MORE POWER

cheers mate

Firmware needed (Actual Driver). Microsoft says it can not be updated and has it listed under standard cd-roms instead of DVD and all my nice apps. will not run until it finds a DVD playa! Thanks!
SAMSUNG SW-232B.
Art. on here: Ezzalar.
Thanks again & it’s for Windows XP Home Professional, anything else one need not know. Thank you for any of anyone’s help.

[QUOTE=Ezzalar;2288262]Firmware needed (Actual Driver). Microsoft says it can not be updated and has it listed under standard cd-roms instead of DVD and all my nice apps. will not run until it finds a DVD playa! Thanks!
SAMSUNG SW-232B.
Art. on here: Ezzalar.
Thanks again & it’s for Windows XP Home Professional, anything else one need not know. Thank you for any of anyone’s help.[/QUOTE]

A firmware is NO DRIVER!

Just look in the firmware section.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Ezzalar;2288262]Firmware needed (Actual Driver). [/quote]Firmware or driver? See reply from chef. Any problem indicator in device manager?

Microsoft says it can not be updated and has it listed under standard cd-roms instead of DVD and all my nice apps. will not run until it finds a DVD playa! Thanks!
SAMSUNG SW-232B.
Then go and buy a DVD drive. Your drive is a CD/RW drive and can’t handle DVD at all.

Michael