Ok, with thanks :flower: to SJ for getting me through my CUDA problem, here's how I did it. I do not, by the way, have a Samsung (I have a Droid Incredible), but mine runs on Android as well...so this should work for you:
1) Using DVD Ripper, rip the movie using the iPhone (iPod/iPhone mp4) profile;
2) Save to your computer desktop the file that you've created. It should be about a gig or so in size;
3) Mount your Samsung to your pc or Mac;
4) Drag the file from your desktop to your phone. I have an 16 gig sd card in my phone, so that's where I put the file. You can put it into the internal memory of your phone if you don't have an sd card installed. In any event, you should place it in the DCIM folder in your phone - this is where all your photos/videos will reside;
5) Play your movie as you would any 'home' video you've taken on your phone.
Hope that helps. If you run into any problems, tell us and we'll do our best to resolve them...