Samsung captivate galaxyS android 2.1

vbimport

Can anyone tell me how to put a dvd onto this phone, or at least tell me what parameters to select.

I need the keep it simplestupid version.

Thanks

JimT
I apologize for double posting but evidently no one ever looks in the dvd ripper section.

I know nothing about this process, which phone to choose, once I have a file how to get it onto the phone. I really need help and I thank anyone good enough to help

JT

[QUOTE=JamesTaylor;2554746]Can anyone tell me how to put a dvd onto this phone, or at least tell me what parameters to select.

I need the keep it simplestupid version.

Thanks

JimT
I apologize for double posting but evidently no one ever looks in the dvd ripper section.

I know nothing about this process, which phone to choose, once I have a file how to get it onto the phone. I really need help and I thank anyone good enough to help

JT[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim

Someone always views the mobile section, it just seems no one has been able to answer your question yet :frowning:

Since I have responded to this thread I have deleted your other thread to avoid any confusion :smiley:

The manual for your cell-phone should have instruction on how to transfer videos onto the phone along with details on the supported video format and the resolution.

[B]SJ[/B]

Ok, with thanks :flower: to SJ for getting me through my CUDA problem, here’s how I did it. I do not, by the way, have a Samsung (I have a Droid Incredible), but mine runs on Android as well…so this should work for you:

1. Using DVD Ripper, rip the movie using the iPhone (iPod/iPhone mp4) profile;
  2. Save to your computer desktop the file that you’ve created. It should be about a gig or so in size;
  3. Mount your Samsung to your pc or Mac;
  4. Drag the file from your desktop to your phone. I have an 16 gig sd card in my phone, so that’s where I put the file. You can put it into the internal memory of your phone if you don’t have an sd card installed. In any event, you should place it in the DCIM folder in your phone - this is where all your photos/videos will reside;
  5. Play your movie as you would any ‘home’ video you’ve taken on your phone.

Hope that helps. If you run into any problems, tell us and we’ll do our best to resolve them…

Thanks Sooooooo much for your help I was able to transfer a movie successfully.
I find the volume control doesnt work well on the captivate video player. Any suggestions for a good video player?

JT

[QUOTE=JamesTaylor;2555421]Thanks Sooooooo much for your help I was able to transfer a movie successfully.
I find the volume control doesnt work well on the captivate video player. Any suggestions for a good video player?

JT[/QUOTE]

VLC is a good freeware :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2555471]VLC is a good freeware :D[/QUOTE]

Is VLC available yet on Android?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2555508]Is VLC available yet on Android?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:doh:

[QUOTE=JamesTaylor;2555421]Thanks Sooooooo much for your help I was able to transfer a movie successfully.

JT[/QUOTE]

YRW. Glad you got it working.

As far as video players go, this link will give you quite a few to check out: