Samsung 860 PRO 256GB SATA SSD Review

Originally published at: https://www.myce.com/review/samsung-860-pro-256gb-sata-ssd-review-83660/

Welcome to Myce’s review of the Samsung 860 PRO 256GB SATA SSD (hereafter referred to as the Samsung 860 PRO).
The Samsung 860 PRO is the successor to Samsung’s very successful 850 PRO.
The Samsung 860 PRO uses Samsung’s latest 64 layer, V-NAND 2bit MLC technology, and the newly designed MJX controller. It is available in three form factors – 2.5 inch, M.2 2280, and mSATA.
It will be interesting to see how the Samsung the 860 PRO compares to the Samsung 860 EVO, which recently set new records for an SATA drive in many of our tests.
Let the battle of 2 bit, MLC NAND (the 860 PRO) versus 3 bit, TLC NAND with clever SLC Write Cache technology (the 860 EVO) commence…

Thank you for the test, System :wink:

Nice SSD, but I see it like you in the conclusion: Why buy a Pro-SSD for standard-usecases?

I have many SSDs, but Pro-versions are rare, only my Plextor M5P and a Corsair Neutron XTi are “Pro” (I get both for a good price in the past)

I don´t want a extreme slow SSD like the BX200, but if the SSD can write a ot of data in a row with around 250MB/s it´s mostly enough for me