Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD Review.

In this review I will taking a look at the new Samsung 840
Pro series SSD, in fact the 512GB version. Samsung are in a very strong
position when it comes to sourcing components for their SSDs. They don’t have
to look far as they make all the major components in-house, and that includes
the SSD controller, the NAND, and even the cache.

Let’s find out how this SSD performs.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/samsung-840-pro-512gb-ssd-review-65348/](http://www.myce.com/review/samsung-840-pro-512gb-ssd-review-65348/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Extremely impressive review Wendy. Another Myce.com gem of a review. After reading your review it makes it a very difficult task for someone trying to differentiate between the few drives that were just released. The numbers are so close in many of the areas of benchmarking it makes it difficult to make a choice if you are buying a 512 GB SSD at a price where you really do not want to make a mistake. Can you tell me a little more detail why this drive is so much faster in a 0 fill benchmark than the others? Its really the only bench that sets it apart [B]widely[/B] from the other new SSDs you have reviewed. I doubt that in a " Real Life " scenario anyone would notice a speed difference, ( I may be very wrong here) but I really enjoyed the review and want to thank you for sharing your findings with us. :flower:

Good job Wendy :clap:

A draw - good call, I feel.

I guess the 2 drives will stay at the top of the premier league for some time to come.

Regds, JR

[QUOTE=JReynolds;2669073]I guess the 2 drives will stay at the top of the premier league for some time to come.

Regds, JR[/QUOTE]

They might and they might not.

I keep feeling that they’ve pushed the limits and the next drive comes out that’s even faster.

It’s pretty amazing when you think about how these drives have progressed even since last year.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Excellent review; thanks Wendy

Were the Iometer tests run using physicaldrive, volume or file? If the latter what was the size?

[QUOTE=Geroden;2670352]Were the Iometer tests run using physicaldrive, volume or file? If the latter what was the size?[/QUOTE]Welcome to the forum.
The IOMeter tests are run on a physical drive.

I bought a 128GB 840 Pro this week for about US$150. 840 drives are much cheaper, but I have several USB 3.0 NAND and HDD drives for video files.

Great Review!!

[B]I think I got it now. Thank you Wendy for helping me[/B].:flower:

The new Magican 4.0 is out now. I use the the MS ACHI driver because the Intel IRST drivers are alittle buggy with this drive and my X79 motherboard. This is why my IOPS are low.

[B]Same drive different IRST drivers.[/B]