Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD Review

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD Review

With a new SSD controller, Turbo Write mode using emulated SLC NAND, Samsung launch the 840 EVO series of SSDs.

Samsung claim that the 840 EVO is a big upgrade to the original 840 series of SSDs.
Let’s see how it performs in this review.
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/review/samsung-840-evo-250gb-ssd-review-68214/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

hi, in the ‘real world copy test’, are the mp3s. jpegs and iso copied onto the evo itself, or from another drive?

never mind, its on the same page. my bad

Hi Wendy
This review is great. Congrats on another Myce.com SSD in-depth review of an upcoming Samsung that I am looking forward to buying. This new caching software is great, the boost it gives the SSD makes it most probably the fastest in its class, plus the fact that their are 750gb and 1TB flavors to choose from. I never would have believed this just 2 years ago, technology is so fleeting that if I blink, I miss something. What a great time to watch this industry grow and the top tier companies take control. Its fun to watch. Thanks.:flower:

Thanks for the rview. EVO looks like a great compromise between 840 and 840 Pro.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2694811]Thanks for the rview. EVO looks like a great compromise between 840 and 840 Pro.[/QUOTE]
Hi Kenny , to me its looks better than the Pro Version, just because it uses TLC nand it still has an SLC nand layer and it will write a whole bunch, more than you need. I like it, especially the software feature with the magician thats gives the Ramdisc a boost.:wink:

(I’m hoping Kenny will get a few thousand of those and pass them out to his MyCE pals. I WILL test those 2Tb ones, by the way! You don’t even have to ask!)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2694837](I’m hoping Kenny will get a few thousand of those and pass them out to his MyCE pals. I WILL test those 2Tb ones, by the way! You don’t even have to ask!)[/QUOTE]
I already gave them away Christine, I was afraid to ask. ;);):bigsmile: