Samsung 830 series 128gb SSD on sale at Newegg

vbimport

Newegg has this Samsung SSD for $149 when you use the promo code EMCNFJC32. This is a 48hr sale, and free shipping is available.

This sale puts it in the same price range as the Crucial M4 128gb, though the Crucial is still slightly less expensive.

Samsung has an excellent reputation so far with their ssd’s, and rival Intel in this area.

Nice little update on this. Newegg has this Sata3 Samsung on sale 'till Sunday 5-20-12 midnight for $109.99 :clap:. Promo code EMCNEJB27.

For the sake of reliability I used one of these in a build for a family member a couple weeks ago. Very fast drive. This drive is designed from the ground up by Samsung with their own components. Boots 4-5 seconds faster than my Agility 3. Grabbed one of these for myself to replace the agility ;).

Bummer and I just got a M4 from Amazon for $120. From the reviews I would rather have the Samsung but this M4 is fast.

[QUOTE=mrloren;2634873]Bummer and I just got a M4 from Amazon for $120. From the reviews I would rather have the Samsung but this M4 is fast.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. Finally convinced a good friend who’s been nervous about the failure reports with other manufacturers SSDs to pull the trigger on this Samsung last week. Now he’s kicking himself for not catching this sale :rolleyes:. This Sammy has 520 MB/sec sequential read speed and sequential writes almost twice as fast as many others at this size, including the M4. And no DOA or BSOD complaints like too many of the others. Booting Win7 ultimate, splash screen colors don’t even get a chance to coalesce :). This is on a humble A6 3670K A75 budget build.

Truly hope your M4 turns out to be a good one :flower:.