Samsung 830 128gb SSD for $89.99 at Newegg

vbimport

There is a 72hr sale going on at Newegg that includes this excellent SSD for $89.99 using the code EMCNBJN47.

There is also a Sandisk 128gb drive for ten dollars less.

Good to see the prices falling on ssd’s, including some that have very good reliability reports.

Thanks Kerry56. Frys has a Corsair 120GB Force Series GT Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-F120GBGT-BK for $84.00 after the rebate. Hmmm which one to get for my brother…

Samsung will start making SSDs based on TLC NAND flash at the end of this year. Performance and reliability not yet known, but cost per GB will improve at least by 30%. Since official Samsung 830 128GB price in its domestic South Korean market has been about US$200 (it was more like $300 some months ago), Samsung officials can announce they are reducing prices from $200 to under $100. It will mean very little for Newegg and Fry’s hardware enthusiasts as those places update prices very quickly - and honestly - compared to most of the rest of the world. According to [url=http://www.anandtech.com/show/5067/understanding-tlc-nand/]Anandtech, TLC NAND wholesale price is 20% of SLC NAND, but I doubt it since Kristian Vättö said the data comes from OCZ. My guess is more like SLC:MLC:TLC=4:2:1 or 4:3:2.

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2648520]Thanks Kerry56. Frys has a Corsair 120GB Force Series GT Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-F120GBGT-BK for $84.00 after the rebate. Hmmm which one to get for my brother…[/QUOTE]

Really depends on how much you like him? :wink: Is he ready to become a part of the big Sandforce/chipset troubleshooting team?

Here’s the link

Thanks Kerry:flower:

Thanks Dean. The link you provided is for a SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) sold out. Good reviews.